Cadwell ParkTue 06 oct 09 - 79 quid (no limits)

Guest philgale

still in 2 minds to sell mine to fund a mint track bike tho

I've had a couple of those thoughts and only been riding 6 months :?

Don't think I would though, I quite enjoy a good ride out on the odd occasion.

Yes, I agree, I still want a bike on the road , but track days are so much fun I'll be spending next years "new" bike budget on a track bike, and will keep the RRV for the road

Its perfectly capable of providing me with plenty of smiles and its great knowing its there in the garage whenever I feel like a ride out :mrgreen:

Guest philgale

last year i did about 12k miles on the road, this year iv done less than 1000 miles. spent most time on track because its much much much more fun.

if you do another track day you will be looking at a track bike and a cheap road bike....

if you do another track day you will be looking at a track bike and a cheap road bike....

Not sure if that was aimed at me, but I do plan on doing plenty more track days. Thats the main reason I got my license.

Next year I plan to do at least 3, 4 including Ron Haslam school depending on what they're doing with the new track next year.

Not sure if that was aimed at me, but I do plan on doing plenty more track days. Thats the main reason I got my license.

Next year I plan to do at least 3, 4 including Ron Haslam school depending on what they're doing with the new track next year.

I can definately recommend a track school if you're new to riding

Trying to get a couple of mates that do track days but are, lets put it this way...rather steady, to do one of these as we feel it would bring them along quite a bit

I done my first and only track day in July and ended up coming off at the end of the day. Got home and thought if I'm gonna be doing this a lot, I should probably learn how to do it properly (track days that is, not falling off :) )

Not only that but a long term goal of mine is to do a bit of club racing so best start now eh.

Guest philgale

falling off is part of track days :lol: if your pushing the bike to its limits your gonna find them eventually an come off, but id rather come off on track if i have to come off....

let me know when your doing the haslem coz i fancy doin it next year too

but dont forget you can get a free instructor at any track day, and they will spend the whole day with you if you ask them nicely

oh yeah I know, I fully expect to come off again (should have seen my mums face when I told her that) but what I mean is if I get some sort of tuition I will reduce the chances of it happening

Will do. I've got no idea when they start next year, might drop them an email today just out of curiosity. Thats assuming they're still doing it on the new track. If they're not starting till later in the year I may just have an instructor go round with me at a track day, I don't want to wait :lol:

Rained all morning so didnt enjoy going out then and sat out one of the sessions, but dried up for the afternoon, so fun was had in the end :mrgreen:

Nice to meet you Phil, prob bump into each other next year on the track

:cheers:

Good to see you too Vicki...where did you all go to after we chatted, had a look out for you after but couldn't see any of you ?

Hope you raised a few quid

was drying up by the time Midlifecrisis and I got there ... gave up trying to get photo's of Phil as I kept missing him lol

Had a good natter with Vicki when she got there and we all came home with fresh conkers to ward off the spiders pmsl (see Mojo's spider thread)

Thanks Guys for the donations for the Harvey and Harley fund ~ really appreciated.

as for pics - only managed a couple and now I can't find the lead from the camera to the PC :( sorry

Guest philgale

first chance i got to get online since....managed about 2 sessions on video, like clees didnt bother for the morning as it was all wet and crap but in the afternoon managed to get some dry sessions in :D

will sort the videos tonight and get them on and hopefully some pics

good to see you cle, got a video of you on the sighting laps with your wheel in the air over the mountain, only a little :lol: then you managed to get passed everyone in front and i got held up coz my bike cant cope with the straights :lol:

Good to see you again Phylis and Neil ... and thanks for the natter girls... bit of a day gone wrong my end.. forgot i had to take mum for an appointment, and then Hull was gridlocked with accidents, but got there eventually.

Neil, I left just before 2pm cos had to be home for the kids :) Let me know when/where your next out and I will get to see you sometime im sure :)

Will do, although if its this year will propb be a last minute thing waiting for the weather etc

Yeah I was struggling to keep the front wheel down over the mountain, nearly ran out of track at one point ha ha when it had got down :lol:

Yes I've geared mine for acceleration and low top end so its only the new 1000's etc that can get past me on the straights, ....cos I hate that, then they get in ya way at the corners :roll: