Which tyres? (brand/model)

Decor58

I currently have Bridgestone Battlax BT45 tyres, they're duel compound and I've done about 3000miles on the since I got the bike (no idea how many was on them before I got them).

I've looked on the Internet and im looking at paying about £112 for a rear tyre and £80 for the front but I don't really have that much money (I will be completely skint if I buy these).

I like the duel compound as I do a lot of commuting so needs to be hard wearing but I do like to lean the bike over as well so soft sides is nice to have.

Soooooo does anyone have a recommendation of what tires I should go for or should I just revert to being a typical student with no money for petrol?

Its costing me £82 fitted for Maxxis Supermaxx, had a front one for 4500miles, with no dramas, so now getting a back.. (170/60/zr17), not a track day tyre, but for the road, I can't fault them..

maxxissupermaxxm6029street.jpg.7541178f615a7aad6b1ecd79014b13fe.jpg

My new blackbird came with Avon Storms fitted - to be honest I thought "Avon = budget"! However I did some reading up on them and quite a few people prefer them after comparing them to the Bridgestone BT020's (especially in the wet). After riding the bike with them on I highly recommend them, they're super grippy and at a good price too.

You won't get any "bad" effects as such. There's no rule/law saying you must have exactly the same brand/model of tyre for front and rear. What you do need to make sure of, and is the law, is that they are the same TYPE of tyre (i.e. radial ply, diagonal cross ply, bias belted) look here for more info on tyre types:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25161

Yeah I know about the types of tires, the only things I'm not sure about is having ones at different points of wear and the effect of different pattens on the actual ride, but I'm going to get into playing with that yet! I know I'm only interested in H speed rating as well.

Looking like either £146 for a pair of Avon AM26 RoadRider or £156 for a pair of Bridgestone Bt45 tyres.

As with all tyre threads you will get a myriad of suggestions. I always used BT 020 or 021(the 020 replacement) on my gixer and loved them, a great all round sport touring tyre and I always got loads of mileage out of them.

As with all tyre threads you will get a myriad of suggestions. I always used BT 020 or 021(the 020 replacement) on my gixer and loved them, a great all round sport touring tyre and I always got loads of mileage out of them.

the bt 050 was a god peace of rubber never had any problems with that on my vfr