Scorpion Exo Lids

Hi, just seen this

does anyone have or looked at a Scorpion Exo Helmet?

They have an inflation system inside which allows you to inflate the sides by your cheeks so the lid fits really well. I have a problem getting lids to fit as I actually have no cheekbones, so as you can imagine lids dont snuggle up so close. I am planning to go and try one soon (currently in bed with flu!!) but just wondered what anyone elses thoughts might be as they are quite expensive for a brand I've heard little about beings a newbie.

http://www.thunderchild.co.uk/thunderchild/index.html

http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/Clot ... elmet.html

They came out earlier this year.

Seem a bit gimmicky tbh.

If the bladder that you inflate leaks then the helmet would be rendered useless.

I imagine they would be quite heavy too

You may be better off trying other brands with different size cheek pads in (Arai, Shoei) at main dealers to get the correct fit.

Spoke to a guy who works in our local bike shop on Sunday about these. He's thinking of stocking these, but not sure if the gimmick is enough for peeps to but them. They are knocking on the door of £300 for a designed one and tbh, the designs aren't all that.

I think untill they can get some rep colours or better designs sorted then peeps will still opt for the Shoei lids or even an Arai Chaser. I know I would.