Pinlock problems...

Guest Dan

Before you ask, yes I have removed the protective film!!! :lol:

Strangely this morning, it seriously misted up inside my visor. Initially I thought I had a gap and warm air was getting between the insert and the visor. Oh well thinks I, I'll sort it when I get to work. On getting to work I discover it was misting up on the pinlock itself, not the gap between the pinlock and visor. Bear in mind, it was 5.30am and bloody cold out. Short of holding my breath for 35 miles, any ideas? Or is it just not good enough to cope ??

Water vapour condenses on a colder surface, so perhaps, along with polish or washing up liquid as mentioned in another thread, try The Wife's hairdryer to warm up the inside of your helmet (but not directly onto the visor).

I see the logic, however, the helmet is indoors overnight, not in the garage. So it should be warm ish already. It didn't do it on the way home, although I reverted to type and clicked the visor open a tad for most of the journey.

I had exactly this a few weeks ago. I took the pinlock back to the shop and they swapped it for another one, which seems to be better - not that I've been out much in the cold to really try it out.

Personally I wouldn't put stuff on it, it works by being porous, and you don't want to clog it up...

:stupid:

Yep they do, and they do need drying out every so often, I leave the visor open on a table near a radiator overnight and it sorts it out, or just pop the pinlock out and leave open to air overnight.

Pinlock do a universal kit for other visors, with a drilling guide to help you put the pins in the right place, I did it on my last lid and worked fine, they also so one for Arai's.