a non starter

fatboy

hi all

can anyone help my bike will run fine for a couple of days then it wont start it'll turn over and if you keep trying to start it it just slows down and starts clicking i find taking the battery off and charging it works but i'v checked the battery with a meter and it shows it to be fine??? help please :lol:

hi all

can anyone help my bike will run fine for a couple of days then it wont start it'll turn over and if you keep trying to start it it just slows down and starts clicking i find taking the battery off and charging it works but i'v checked the battery with a meter and it shows it to be fine??? help please :lol:

sounds like its not catching (spark) and the repeated use of the starter is discharging the battery to the point where there isn't enough charge to spin the starter and the relay is clicking..

are you using choke, you need to this time of year, and when were the plugs last changed, could be they aren't producing a good clean spark.

the battery will recover from excessive use of the starter, but really needs a good run or charge to bring it back to optimum...

no its happened about 5 times it'll work fine for about 3 to 4 days and then play up once i turnt it off and went to start it again about 5mins later and it wouldn't start. i don't know about the plugs i got it from a dealer about a year ago and haven't done anything to it,

it's not new it's a t reg hornit

My bike has never had a service and now it won't start. :lol:

Yeah yeah. It's a machine. It needs, some, maintenance.

Basic stuff is easy to do and may save your life. Purchase or download a manual and have a go.

Otherwise stick to the recommended maintenance schedule and stick it in the shop. 8-)

If you've not done any servcing and done that much miliage it wont start I dread to think what a dealer would make of it so try it yourself!

I'd go over it with a fine comb checking everything!

Break Pads

Break Fluid

Oil

Spark Plugs

Fork Seals

Tyres (especially this time of year)

Chain

Need to show it some love :3some: :3some:

Hope your up and riding again soon mate

i just bought a fine tooth comb today, for my cats if that's any good to ya.

i was thinking you need to remove the *voltage regulator, and use your meter to test, as the manual should show. i had to do this about 10 days ago, and found it was faulty. i think i blew it with the battery charger while the battery was still connected. a slight test you can do prior to removing v/r, is to connect the meter accross the battery to read the voltage at tickover, then increase the revs to 4000. if the meter shows only a slight increase then v/r is probably faulty. if it shows no increase then you need to do the tests.

• 2 weeks later...