Video - Brands Hatch Trackday 23/07/09

Netmeister

Had a play around with Windows Movie Maker yesterday and decided to chop up the footage from my trackday back in July 09. The footage was taken throughtout the day on two different cameras so none of the laps are in sequence, so you may notice bikes will suddenly disappear between clips :lol:

However the earlier clips are from early on in the day, and the later from later in the day so there is some order.

Enjoy

">
Edited by Netmeister

Nice :D can see you getting more into it as the day went on, going for the better lines around the corners and overtaking a few people :) seems like quite a good idea having the people who are very new to the track wearing a high vis jacket as well, I wish they had done that at the track days I've been to as it would help you identify which people are likely to suddenly take a really weird line around a corner at the last minute and almost fly into you :P

What I liked most about the bib was that by the last couple of sessions no one was overtaking me, so it felt good to overtake everyone else with a newbie bib on :wink: To be honest though, me trying to beat everyone is probably what threw me off, tried to go too quick too soon. Ah well...you live and learn.

Watching that back all day while I was editing really reminded me how much of a wicked time I had, and I'm really considering hiring a bike to do another before I get my new bike. It's a lot of money with a hire bike though :(

I fractured my wrist and my pride, but that was about it. Didn't do anymore last year as my wrist wasn't back to full health until around December by which point I skint with Xmas etc.

There's a full write-up here with pictures from the day here

Plan to do 4 or so this year with the idea of getting a trackbike next winter once I clear a space in the garage :mrgreen:

Guest philgale

Plan to do 4 or so this year with the idea of getting a trackbike next winter once I clear a space in the garage :mrgreen:

only 4? good luck with that :lol: bet you cant stop once you get out again. its my second of the year on friday and 2 more the following month then 2 more the month after....you wont be able to stick to 4

Did the same with my R1 at Rockingham, boy do you feel a dick!! :oops:

Still live and learn, good luck with your next one.

Cheers Keith, wasn't a pleasurable experience! Didn't put me off one bit though! Can't wait for the next one :mrgreen:

only 4? good luck with that :lol: bet you cant stop once you get out again. its my second of the year on friday and 2 more the following month then 2 more the month after....you wont be able to stick to 4

But you earn loadsa dosh, I don't :lol: Plus you northern folk get the cheapear rates with Cadwell, Mallory and Oulton. Brands is flippin expensive :(

I think this year will just be a few as it will be a road bike, once I get a trackbike though I think the ball will really start rolling.

Guest philgale

dont knock it, id love to do brands....

anyway cadwell is a good 3.5 hours away. and oulton aint cheap 165 in may...

now anglesey, thats a cheap on and one of my fav tracks