Anybody tried bamboo?

In the marketat moment for a couple of decent base layer tops.

Some horrendous prices out there, but came across a couple selling kit made from bamboo fibre.

Sounds perfect from the sales pitch...v soft, light, good wicking/thermal properties etc etc....prices reasonable too.

Anybody had experience before I waste my hard-earned??

Didn't they used to sell this at P & A (PandA) 8-)

Never heard of it, but why not?

Base layers such as long-sleeved tees and longjohns are easy enough to find without falling for the "hi-tech" approach - and at more realistic prices too.

A few outdoors type forums i freqeunt speak very highly of bamboo clothing.its something i would like to try myself,if you do decide to buy why not come back and right a review i will be very interested

A few outdoors type forums i freqeunt speak very highly of bamboo clothing.its something i would like to try myself,if you do decide to buy why not come back and right a review i will be very interested

Will do.. :thumb:

I have this in black. It's really comfy, wicks moisture away from the body and most importantly warm.

I also have some helly/hansen baselayer tops, they're good but they have the tendency to ride up (because they're so stretchy) if not held down by your belt/trousers.

I've got bamboo socks and they haven't turned into card when washed like cotton ones do :D

Some companies make old skool style nappies out of it as well so if its deemed good enough for a baby's ass its probably ok.

I've got bamboo socks and they haven't turned into card when washed like cotton ones do :D

Some companies make old skool style nappies out of it as well so if its deemed good enough for a baby's ass its probably ok.

Actually, Kate, at my time of life/post kids etc .....a nappy's not such a bad idea........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Bamboo is the future, nice and warm,eco friendly manufacturers are using it far all sorts of fabric so definately give it a try. (I sell wool for a living and we are using it too )

Apparently there's a variety of bamboo that can grow 1 foot in a day! That's got to be at least a pair of socks!

Apparently there's a variety of bamboo that can grow 1 foot in a day! That's got to be at least a pair of socks!

1 foot is only half a pair of socks 8-)