Some gloves are just tooo cheap

I need some new summer gloves so I went on the internet and found some for £49.99. I put them in the shops basket and went to pay and found there was a delivery charge of £8.95 on all items under £50.

I`ve now e-mailed them and told them the gloves are under-priced and I`d be very much obliged if they would accept £50.01 and subsequently waver the postage cost.

I`ll let you all know how I get on. :wink:

Prize for anyone guessing I`ll be told to FECK OFF :D

I need some new summer gloves so I went on the internet and found some for £49.99. I put them in the shops basket and went to pay and found there was a delivery charge of £8.95 on all items under £50.

I`ve now e-mailed them and told them the gloves are under-priced and I`d be very much obliged if they would accept £50.01 and subsequently waver the postage cost.

I`ll let you all know how I get on. :wink:

Prize for anyone guessing I`ll be told to FECK OFF :D

Or buy me a pair as a birthday present and then save on postage!

Buy two pairs and return the second pair saying you've changed you mind and request a refund / credit note.

:mrgreen:

That`ll cost me postage to send em back.

IF, and it`s a big IF, I do go for them it`ll be the dearest pair I`ve ever brought. I normally get them from the BMF and spend around 20-30 quid but my old summer ones are falling apart and I`ve been saving my change in a jar for such an occasion.

Pity that Riff mate. I missed your birthday :wink: maybe next year :lol:

£30 max on gloves :shock:

The cheapest pair I have are £60 and are HG own brand, the best (and clearly most expensive) are my Alpinestars 365 GTX that were, I'll be honest, ridiculously expensive but worth every penny. My best summer gloves are Dainese Hell Racers and were around £80.

All my gloves are like new despite being ridden through all weathers and thousands and thousands of miles... my moto is buy cheap buy twice!

Oh and good luck Neil, let us know how you get on :lol:

I wan't guna mention it in fear of being shot down but,

mine cost about £150 too :lol: I also go by the lines of buy cheap buy twice (unless you break it obv).

My winter gloves were £30 in a sale and are toasty warm , my buddie paid a lot more and his hands are always freezing.

Warm but how well would they stand up in a crash?

I usually go by reviews when purchasing things, for example the RiDE tests, user reviews etc. Its a better guide than price anyway.

I dont see how can spend amounts of 150 or 200 on a pair of gloves. Unless you really have lots of money going spare. And I wonder how much better when it comes down to it they are compared to say a 40 pound pair. My first ones cost me 12 quid and lasted me nearly 2 years, and recently bought some winter ones for 20 and summer ones for 14.99 and extremely happy with them. But each to their own :-)

My Pathan 3 fingered gloves were about £40 from Hein Gericke...tested them in my crash on Friday when I dragged them down the road at about 40 or 50 odd and not a mark on them! Oh and they kept my hands in one piece and warm while I was picking up the pieces!

Won't get me shelling out for gloves when cheap more cost affective ones do the job just as well!

Guest philgale

NearOn.....i will put my money on these berik gloves (the ones i have that i got for 100 quid in sale ;) )

http://www.bikersbuyit.com/Shops/bbieurope/contents/media/berik-g-4926-120.jpg

rather than these cheap ones

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11745769/Motorbike_Gloves_And_Leather_Garments.jpg

I think the main point was that they were under the freepost threshold... :mrgreen:

should've added something cheap to just push the cost over... lol :lol:

my gloves weren't expensive, and i work on the don't fall off principle, still they should save me from road rash. :cheers:

Guest philgale
they might be better than a cheaper set,but how much of that extra cash is spent on the name i wonder???? :shock:

yes i was paying for the name, but if im paying that and other are paying that they have more money to throw at testing there products

My winter gloves were £30 in a sale and are toasty warm , my buddie paid a lot more and his hands are always freezing.

Warm but how well would they stand up in a crash?

I usually go by reviews when purchasing things, for example the RiDE tests, user reviews etc. Its a better guide than price anyway.

I check reviews too but these were reduced from about £50 so made a quick decision and lots of padding and good leather all over