JOHN O GROATS MAY BANK HOL

yorbandit

As it says me next mad plan is a visit to john o groats on may bank hol start fri late up to john on the sat and then loop down the other side ish type plan home on the monday any mad peeps want to join in prob camping but we will have to see.

MAY 28-MAY 31

THIS WILL PROB HAVE TO GO TO THE 01/06 SO 5 DAYS IN TOTAL

try youth hostels,there really cheap, i stayed in one just outside john ogroats,and for the price,it was good,we then travelled down the west coast and stopped in another just befor lochcarron and this was ace,top notch,but its one hell of a run,if you follow the coast road like we did but its one brilliant ride,ill post up my route...give me 5 mins to find it :wink:

If TC will travel with me though. ;)

No. You can stay at the back with the naughty children

Good, we have the most fun there.

I have been given permis... I mean I've told the bint I'm riding that weekend and if she don't like it she can get f****d as that's how I roll in this house.

Just a few pointers on times and mileage.

as you pointed out it might have to be a 5 day trip,and i would have to agree with you,minimum 4 days especially if you want to do the west coast down from durness,which is the very top left hand corner of scotland.but that road is really worth doing :D

i would say if you can get half way up scotland and stop the night there,then upto john ogroats and across to durness the next day and then do the west coast day 3 and then take it from there,but day 3 is worth doing all the little roads and covering less mileage and getting a real taste of the backroads of scotland,and day 4 either coming inland and seeing the sights or trundling back home.

mileage for this sort of trip will be around 1000 miles if you do the coastal roads and around 800 if your coming inland...hope this helps

• 1 month later...
I'd be up fer it!...only if you started from Lands end tho ! :)

I did that the other bank hol

TC PLEASE NOTE THE DATES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont think i am gonna get the tue off so will be a ride up and a ride down by the looks of things all for a pic foe the tag game LOL

TC PLEASE NOTE THE DATES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I'll unload my bike then shall i :oops: :oops:

Not like me to get something wrong