Space saving waterproofs?

Can anyone recommend any waterproofs that don't take up a lot of space when packed up? Travelling light to France this summer and most of the ones I've seen (and the ones I've already got) are quite bulky when folded up.

Thanks

J

Never found any myself mate. I now use waterproof gear, both textile and leathers. Saves having to carry waterproofs, and having to stop to put them on!!

This doesn't help you of course :( If you are looking for occasional use stuff, then a trip to an outdoorsy shop may yield good results if you are looking for compactness. Make sure you go in or with your bike jacket!

I use cheap plastic type ones mate, you do sweet in them but they are cheap, light and pack up small. My trousers and jacket fit into an Oxford bum bag and have not let me down in 3 years. I think they are Spada ones mate.

Get yourself to an outdoors store mate, Blacks are pretty good if you have one near you. You can get some really thing ones that pack into something not much more than a bum bag as said.

you can get oversuits, that pack down small and are ok for showers,

I tend to have a long jacket that stows away, then if i get caught the water runs off the jacket and down my trousers, rather than into them, cold water running down your inside leg isn't a nice feeling, also keep two carrier bags handy great for shoving feet in to keep dry... (before fitting boots..)