1st official tmbf track day...19+20th July cadwell

Guest philgale

Guest philgale
I don't need to proove owt, he'll be on a 1000 :mrgreen:

Saying that though, it will probably break down so I'll soon catch him :up:

trust me...1000cc means piss all at cadwell

Guest philgale

bump....anyone else fancy taking to the track this year.

or anyone wanna come and camp and watch then have a bbq and few beers in the evening?

Not sure if I can actually afford this now... :( Its gonna cost me what a couple of hundred quid to get a towbar fitted to my new car, couple of hundred to get my track bike fixed (if not more), couple of hundred for the track days themselves, 40 quid to rent a trailer, 40 - 50 quid for petrol, and probably a bit more for various other things.... so thats roughly £700 and I just dont have £700 at the moment lol

Guest philgale

What's actually up with the bike mate? Bet you can fix it pretty cheap...

How about offering to buy Blake a few beers if he swings by your way in his van as your not far from cadwell anyway...saves the tow bar etc cost

scout eBay for cheap fairings...actually my mate had a set of r6 fairings I'll give him a bell and find out what he wants for them imvtrying to get him to do the double too

Ahh Chris mate, would be a bummer if you didn't make it.

Can't offer any help but you just need to call in as many favours as you can. Have you tried salvaging the broken fairings i.e. gaffa tape them up or something? lol

Worst case could you just make it for one day?

If blake was a true biker he would swing by and pick you up as you only live down the road from Cadders :wink: No pressure though!

lol come on guys be fair on blake, I wouldn't just expect someone I've never met to do that for me and he probably wouldn't have room in the van anyway. Also, even without the cost of the tow bar and trailer its still more than I can afford at the moment. I'll have to see what state my bank balance is in at the end of June, as I'm going to try and sell a few things on ebay that I never use (like my Wii for example) but I'm not sure if I'll get that much money from that. Not sure if there will be any places left by that time though...

Thanks for the kind offer blake, I'll see if I can afford the repairs and actual booking of the days and let you know as soon as I can if I'll be taking you up on it :)

As for repairing the bike - it still starts and from first glance it looks like its only the fairing that is damaged but I think the bars may not be quite straight, so I'm not sure what else might be damaged / bent. Guess I'll have to take it to a garage and ask them if they can take a good look at it and give me an idea of how much it will cost to fix.

Guest philgale

Bugger mate...book the evening one and use that as a test to see if everything is sweet

it's not a lot the evening one and will be cheaper than having a garage look at it

I'll text my mate to see if he has those fairings anyway

Bugger mate...book the evening one and use that as a test to see if everything is sweet

lol I'm not finding out if anything is broken on it by riding it round a track! I'll take it to a garage to see what think needs doing to it for it to be 'track worthy' and from there I can decide if I can afford it :)

Guest philgale

if it stops and goes its not big issue, you can find little niggly things out on the day if you just use the sessions to work on the bike not set lap records...

honestly i know loads of people that do that...me included on mikes bike after he crashed it i took it out for a session at anglesey to see if it was all sweet...

like i say as long as it goes and stops which you can find out in your back garden then you got nothing to worry about. not as if your gonna go into the first corner and find no brakes...

Yep I crashed the aprillia just before lunch at oulton, stripped it down over lunch and got half a bucket of gravel out of it.

Rode it around the carpark and then did the first 3 laps quite slowly in the next session, then as it was only squeaky and pulling slightly to the left i went balls out again :D

Now I have stripped it down properly the bars were slightly bent (re-straightened by attaching to forklift and wall...) the dash frame was bent (big hammer and lump of wood) and the squeak was actualy a whistle from the exhaust (big hammer again)

Fairings have been fibreglassed and self tapped into place...

• 3 weeks later...

haha nice blake, sounds like your bike gets a hard time of it :P

Looking at my bank balance at the mo it doesnt look like there's any way I'm going to be able to do these days... I've got the days off work already though so I'll be sure to pop down and see how you are all getting on

So so sorry to have to do this guys, but I've got to take the same road as Chris. I binned my bike at Brands yesterday evening so I won't be able to afford to do the trackdays as all spare money is going on repairing the bike.

However, I've got the days off so I'll still come up for a day (or maybe both) and be a pit bitch and also take a few snaps of you guys.

Don't know what I'll do with the bike yet i.e. track it or get it back to road trim. The way I'm feeling right now I'm starting to debate if trackdays are such a good idea, but maybe that will change after I've seen you guys take on Cadwell.

Here's some pics

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu121/Netmeister87/R6%20Crash/IMAG0073.jpg

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu121/Netmeister87/R6%20Crash/IMAG0072.jpg

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu121/Netmeister87/R6%20Crash/IMAG0071.jpg

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu121/Netmeister87/R6%20Crash/IMAG0070.jpg

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu121/Netmeister87/R6%20Crash/IMAG0069.jpg

Guest philgale

f**king hell mate....track days are deff not the way to go on your road bike...

give it a wash and i bet its all fine but plastic, get some race fairings on it and enjoy it, or flog it as a track bike, they fetch good money as that...

f**king hell mate....track days are deff not the way to go on your road bike...

A lesson learned a little too late :crybaby:

The bike isn't actually that bad. Frame, forks, bars, wheels etc all look fine, it's just the plastics that are wrecked.

One worrying thing is it doesn't start, and I can't hear the injection system start up when I put the ignition on, but it could just be a plug come undone somewhere.

Got next week off so might strip it and see whats what, could be tough with a wrist in plaster though :|

Guest philgale

get some race fairings off ebay and get it sorted, will have it up and running cheaply in no time at all...

then just save up for a new road bike