1st official tmbf track day...19+20th July cadwell

Guest philgale

The end goal was to track it and buy a sensible road bike sometime in the future, maybe this is a sign that I have to track it now :lol:

I've got about £1000 to put it right that I've got from cancelling insurance, tax and those 2 cadwell days so I should be able to get it running over the next couple of months.

Just do it on your road bike...

+

f**king hell mate....track days are deff not the way to go on your road bike...

That is why I'm not doing it on my road bike :lol:

How did you crash Netty? Take it you weren't injured or anything? You seem to have done very similar damage to what I did to my bike at Brands lol hope you can get it all sorted out without it costing too much

Guest philgale

funny he didnt put the video up on here :lol; and chris, if you take it steady on a road bike your fine on track but if you wanna get quick you can only do it on a track bike...

loads of dust on track so im guessing someone has dropped coolant or oil or something slippy and where your front tucks looks like there is a huge patch which would explain the front going there.

">

How did you crash Netty? Take it you weren't injured or anything? You seem to have done very similar damage to what I did to my bike at Brands lol hope you can get it all sorted out without it costing too much

It was a strage one, I started braking in my normal spot but even though I had the anchor on hard, I didn't feel like I was slowing down enough. Started to veer off to the left and just froze up on the bike, tried to get it turned ever so slightly and the front just went.

Looks like I'll be spectating with you mate lol

oh and I'm ok. Got my wrist in plaster but it's only precautionary as the x-rays came back ok :thumb:

Guest philgale

looks like we need some more talented riders on the forum for this track day section :lol:

well im paid up and not got any TDs until then so i will be there.

come on blake fill us in? druids again?

No coming up the hill under the bridge went for an overtake and got pushed right, onto the grass, scrubbed some speed off but went down like a sack of shit at around 70mph :(

We came to a hault after 4 hay bales and a long skid on the grass...

She is bent and leeking and I am slightly bruised, could of been worse.

Just ordered new radiators off evilbay so fingers crossed that will get her running.

Plastics are screwed but will glue/tape/fibreglass back together, the dash frame is bent but it was bent anyway (more now!) just hoping nothing else is too skew :|

Right bike stripped and given a good going over;

New oil cooler and left hand radiator installed, just waiting for 15-50 oil and then I can try and get her started...

Frame looks good, no dents/marks/creases anywhere - dash frame has been hammered back into shape and refitted and tail cage has been hammered back into position.

Front brakes stripped and revuilt with new seals - all looks good.

Its had a sticky throttle for a while, doing some exploration work the clip-on was slightly bent. So front end was fully stripped and clip on rebent to straight ish. Now throttle is smooth and springs back.

While its in pieces I have removed the alarm that was killing the battery - just hoping that I have sorted the wiring out properly :shock:

Tuesday is delivery day for the oil - so as soon as it lands she will get filled, hopefully started and the riden around the block a few times to check all is good.

Oh and 2 fairings sections have been resined and fibre glassed

Getting close now guys, hope you've got everything sorted. As you know I won't be riding but I will come up anyway as I'm off work. I've decided to travel up on the Monday morning so should get there between 10-11.

Phil, you mentioned something about a BBQ in the evening? Is there anything you need me to bring?

Guest philgale

dont think so mate, dads got everything sorted as far as i know...

all im waiting for is my good boots to get back from alpinstars, they been posted back so hope there with me before saturday otherwise im wearing shit boots :(

Screw riding, we going in the van!

No you numpty I meant on track! :lol:

Good news about the bike and the alarm. So you just went for the chop it out method? Not sure if I can do that with mine, think I need to follow it into the bike's loom and rejoin some wire to fix the circuits.....I'm pretty much guessing though :mrgreen:

Guest philgale

yes 5 quid each, and not sure what day we having bbq and its only gonna be a small disposable jobby so wont be much room....if there is room your more than welcome to through it on....

Guest philgale

right good news....J&S have managed to persuade alpinestars to replace my boots rather than fix so they have them....

well at least my feet will be ok if i crash :lol: