Bike Chain Problem

Chimera101

Hi all,

I have an issue with the chain on my K5 650 Bandit. The chain is bouncing about (cant think of a better way to phrase it) but it is causing my whole bike to bounce.

I checked and adjusted my chain as soon as I got home, taking up a little slack. cheers to the chain care guide for how to do so :)

But i still have the problem, just not quite as bouncy.

Any clues as to what the problem is? the chain is only about 2 months old so i hope it isnt needing replaced.

Here is a link to a video of my chain as my description is a bit crap :( ...Chain Vid

thanks

I used to have that problem on my ybr, but only when setting off. Like it would sorta bounce and the bike would struggle to go...

i got rid of it now but the problem still exists :lol: couldn't figure out what it was.

I adjusted the chain to about 1 1/8" or about 30mm(ish) so i could maybe tighten it a little more, Im fairly sure that the alignment is ok.

However i havn't check the sprockets so ill find out how to do that tomorrow and give that go.

thanks for the input. :)

think you'll find its more engine related than chain,

because the engine is on tickover and in gear, the engine runs at a speed just above stalling which is why the chain is jumping,

if you add a little choke it will be smoother...

Ok,

I checked the sprockets and also cleaned out a load of muck from under the cover. sprockest are not loose so thats a good thing.

It does seem to smooth out a bit with higher revs. so i'll have to give her a wee run and see if things dont just settle down a bit.

failing that I'll just cover her up and wait till i can afford to have a garage look at her. :(

thanks everyone.