Hi,

ive been looking ata bike cam and have found a Sony camera and the leads, holders ect but no DVR (recording device) would it be ok to just use a camcorder as the recording device? has anyone ever done this? if so how did it fair?

thanks in advance :D

Guest philgale

wouldnt it be a bit big on the bike? can get some good little cameras for next to nothing...

if had one of these and there pretty good

aee md80

some footage i took using it

">

i realy like that! thanks. how did you attach it to your bike? was it one of the holders provided?

it wouldnt be too big, was going to invest in those realy small cam corders that i could just put in my pocket, other than that is just two wires (one to cam, one to microphone) and the cam on the end which is a ctclinder shape and only about 4inches long and maybe 1inch in diameter.. so not that big at all

I've used one of the sony bullet cameras for filming before (not on a bike yet) - the quality was ok, probably as good a quality as old terrestial TV signal. I did get the camera a few years back, so didn't have the option for HD, but its good enough to "capture the moment".

To run into a camcorder is simple enough, however due to it being a separate device, it also required a battery pack - something that these new devices that are all-in-one unit get around.

I got about 1 - 1.5hrs useful footage, hindered by the battery on the camcorder.

hope that helps!