CG125 lights and stalling

Lumor_uk

When I turn the ignition on I can use the indicators and horn but the headlight/side light and rear light are off. Has it been wired up wrong because when I've stalled (doesn't really happen now I'm used to the sound of the engine), I'm left in darkness. Was a bigger problem earlier in the year as I rode a lot at night. It's a 1982/85 hybrid and the electrics have been messed with a lot. I'm wondering if this is normal? I reckon with a bit of planning it might be possible to get them to come on when I turn the ignition on.

I can't see a problem with this myself but if anyone else thinks it wasn't meant to be for my 6v system;

The indicators are 18w and ignition/indicator light an extra 3 watt each that's 42 watts and I can leave them on for ages with no problems.

The side light is 5w I could hook up the headlight but that's 25w, might be too much of a drain

The rear light is also 5w

Thoughts please :)