In-accurate speedo ....

Guest sparkycbr

Another wee issue with my Blackbird is my speedo is givin me a lower readin than i'm actully doin ...

Not a couple of mph's , but wen doin 75 , only really doin 61 or so ... And on a closed road , ahem, wen goin 100 mph , is only at 86 ...

Can this be a sensor thing , or is there a way of gettin it recalibrated .... Is a Jap import , and has a set of Indiglow dials from Jaws Motorcycles .

Cheers ,

Sparky .

Edited by Anonymous

sounds like someone has done a dodgy kmph to mph conversion - unless it is digital?

If its digital I would say someone has changed the sprocket sizes, either return these to normal (check them first!) or fit a speedo-healer.

Basically a plug and play kit (its a bit of a bitch to fit) but it adjusts your speed accordingly

Have a Zumo 550 , and my bro has a new vectra , and the zumo is pretty accurate with his speedo with only maybe 1-2mph of a difference .

Will check out that speedo healer thing , it is a '98 bird with analogue .

Cheers ,

Sparky

cheaper alternative, get a push bike speedo and fit that then compare the readings, Speedos are allowed a + tolerance of up to 10%, but not negative..

so if your speedos reading 110, and you actual speed is 100, thats fine..

not the other way around.

but i would check sprocket sizes as these are a common mod, and effect the speedo reading (only if speedo doesn't read from a front wheel cable...)

cheaper alternative, get a push bike speedo and fit that then compare the readings, Speedos are allowed a + tolerance of up to 10%, but not negative..

so if your speedos reading 110, and you actual speed is 100, thats fine..

not the other way around.

but i would check sprocket sizes as these are a common mod, and effect the speedo reading (only if speedo doesn't read from a front wheel cable...)

Cheers mate , will see about gettin a bike speedo , but when doin 100 mph on clock ( on a closed road ) , sat nav sayin 86ish ...

Cheers mate , will see about gettin a bike speedo , but when doin 100 mph on clock ( on a closed road ) , sat nav sayin 86ish ...

if the sprockets have been altered by 1 or 2 and the drive is off the front sprocket it sounds about right to me!