Honda H100 - Poor kick start - any help???

Guest sibley_5

First I just want to apologise for opening a thread that may have been covered in previous topics so I'm going to apologise for any mistakes in this post.

I brought this Honda H100 a week back and have had it running a few times for 20 minutes or so. Hopefully come this Friday I will be able to enjoy her to the full potential.

The guy I brought it off said it was stored for a good number of years and spent a few hundred refurbishing her back to former glory and kick started it straight away but I always seem to have trouble getting it to work first time.

The first instance I would assume is that I'm a complete idiot and can't kick start her without attaining a certain "knack" or there maybe some kind of technical issue in preventing it. I do all the obvious checks: fuel, neutral etc. but I don't want to have to continually kick start her 20 times for obvious reasons.

I'm not a certified mechanic but I have some knowledge so hopefully getting my hands dirty won't be an issue if I need to work on her.

Has anyone else experienced this or similar with Honda?

Possible Causes:

Old spark plug

Poor fuel (even though I have topped her up)

Poor ground

Poor ignition switch

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jay

bike.jpg.5a99b18f131e67a8910eb6f5a9be9ab9.jpg

kick starting is a knack, you need to push the kick start down, until you feel resistance, once acheived, then give a jump with your foot. means the pistons is at optimum place to start and your not wasting kicks moving the piston through its cycle

Hi mate! Got an H100S myself - fabulous little bikes.

Didn't even get rid after passing DAS, so it sits in the garage waiting for the mrs to pass her CBT haha.

There is a knack, as WF says.

The way I do it is this - push down until after the first bit of resistance, you should feel it drop. Once it's dropped, push down a tad more until you feel some pressure.

Then bring kickstarter right back up and push down hard.

Usually starts after two kicks for me. One once it's warmed up.

Oh - also remember to keep your choke on for a while - they die very easily when cold.

Ta

Gaz