Lidl Flip Helmet

I've gone off flip helmets since I found out they only have a 40% chance of staying shut and intact in a serious crash.

However that looks pretty good! If it comes in other colours I may buy one.

I've gone off flip helmets since I found out they only have a 40% chance of staying shut and intact in a serious crash.

However that looks pretty good! If it comes in other colours I may buy one.

If you go on the sharp testin web site, and enter a flip front helmet they tell you what percentage of the time the lid stayed closed during testing.

Ok I'll correct, any helmet costing a reasonable amount lol (less than £150 to me)

Just been browsing the newer helmet on there though and they actually have one helmet for £90 that has a 90% chance, next best is only 56% though.

seems ok :) they also have bike to bike radio kit for £15... I would buy it but I work 5-1 so it will most likely be gone wnen I get to my local store :(

Glad I could help guys, altho no one as commented whether they think it wud be any good or not, not the flip bit but the actual helmet itself, I want one cos i wear specs and its a pain taking em on and off every time i take my helmet on or off...

Danny

With helmets you get what you pay for. Any helmet will offer you good protection as it will have to have passed EU and British standard. So in that terms it's fine.

However with cheap flip helmets there is a chance of the flip coming up, though the rest of the helmet will still be offering protection if it does.

The other issue with them is the amount of wind noise you get. I bought a flip helmet for £40 in a sale so I assume it is normally about £60 and the noise is ok but I tend to ride with ear plugs because of it now.

To answer your part about glasses flip fronts will help you no end! I bought mine because it's easier to wear sun glasses with them, also it save a lot of time with paying at petrol stations and if you just stop for a moment, you don't have to take it off, so they are good.

So if you just need a helmet then yes this is very good. Personally though, I think I would rather buy one that is better quality and will have better ventilation, protection and sound proofing.

For an extra £20 you might as well get the Caberg Trip, has a 5 star rating and 90% chance of staying shut.

I've been reading reviews on it and there seems to quite a mix, some saying it's amazing, comfy quite etc. other saying it's really loud and poor peripheral vision

Guest philgale

i would never trust a helmet that cheap, call it snobbery or whatever but i dont care.

im gonna get a flip front and its gonna be the 420 quid multitec, not a chance am i trusting my head on a 40 quid lid.

ATTENTION To all who is going to buy a flip front helmet from Lidl

I work there as a Manager and in our store we have only received open face helmets and not flip front helmets.

Just as a heads up as the Lidl warehouses are useless and never send the right stuff into stores.

So just be ready to be disappointed if you go to buy a flip front and they have only got open face helmets.

i would never trust a helmet that cheap, call it snobbery or whatever but i dont care.

im gonna get a flip front and its gonna be the 420 quid multitec, not a chance am i trusting my head on a 40 quid lid.

:stupid: having sampled Lidl's budget version of McCain's frozen oven chips, i have a funny feeling their helmets are going to be just as awful.