Top Boxes...

Guest CobbZ

Hi all! Well, since i'll be getting JoshTimmins' old luggage rack sometime soon, i'm looking into cheap top boxes. Can get a 48l Tech48 top box for £40 off the bay...

Well, just wondering what size i should buy? I don't want my bike to look ridiculous, but would like to be able to get my helmet in there amongst a few other things (chain and maybe cover now and again). I know the 48l ones can take two helmets, not sure i'd need that though.

Also, are these really strong enough to lean on? My girlfriend mentioned she'd like one so she can lean on it, but im not sure if i trust them. I guess i'll see how sturdy they are when i get one fitted.

Anyway, thoughts are appreciated.

CobbZ

I had one on my old GS, and it locked to the stand thing. So would have to snap off, it wouldnt just come off, im sure they are all pretty similar.

Ill ask my dad, hes an old git and rides a triumph tiger, will find out how he copes with pillion leaning

Aye, cheers for that mate! Let me know :)

I know pillions can lean against the ones on bikes like the Pan and Goldwing, but really, they're a little different :P

Louise uses JadeMongooses as a backrest, afterall there not trying to lye down just rest against it..

you can even get foam pads for the givi boxes for this purpose. so plenty strong enough

ive got a 46 litre givi box plenty of space for helmet and chain etc doesnt look out of place on anything over a 125 and plenty sturdy for people to lean against as i have had girlfriend and sister on back and they both feel safer with something to lean against

ive got a 46 litre givi box plenty of space for helmet and chain etc doesnt look out of place on anything over a 125 and plenty sturdy for people to lean against as i have had girlfriend and sister on back and they both feel safer with something to lean against

Do you live in India? :shock:

I have a 46l on the back of my Storm occasionally. Doesn't look out of place any more than a small one does. :P

Hi all! Well, since i'll be getting JoshTimmins' old luggage rack sometime soon, i'm looking into cheap top boxes. Can get a 48l Tech48 top box for £40 off the bay...

Well, just wondering what size i should buy? I don't want my bike to look ridiculous, but would like to be able to get my helmet in there amongst a few other things (chain and maybe cover now and again). I know the 48l ones can take two helmets, not sure i'd need that though.

Also, are these really strong enough to lean on? My girlfriend mentioned she'd like one so she can lean on it, but im not sure if i trust them. I guess i'll see how sturdy they are when i get one fitted.

Anyway, thoughts are appreciated.

CobbZ

Haha now why would she want to lean on a top box when she'll be gripping on tight to u u cuddly big bear u lol

Danny