Bike problems (chain spins in gear, bike won't move)

Guest Icematikz

Hello,

I'm not new here, I had an account here but forgot my Username from being inactive for around 6months so had to make a new account >.<

Anyway, basically the problem my bike's encountering is:

It was running fine initially. I drove to the shops close by, approached the carpark in third gear (it's only a 125). I downgeared to first too quick I think and it sounded like something snapped off and came loose or stuck in the engine (basically a rattling noise).

Bike engine stayed on, bike wouldn't move with power from the throttle.

The bike's problems now:

Basically, I start the bike in Neutral. When I hold in the clutch and downgear to first, the chain repetitively spins. I cannot accelerate forward, the chain just keeps turning around and around. I gear back up to Neutral, and down again, and the same happens.

I have no idea what's wrong, but basically my Bike won't move at all. The chain just spins over and over.

More Info:

- I can push the bike around WHILE in gear.

- The back tyre does not lock up if I push it in gear

- After leaving the bike overnight (12-48hours), the bike starts fine and I am able to accelerate in gear (works as normal). After about --30seconds-- of riding it, the same scenario persists. Bike won't move, chain is spinning.

Also, the chain seems 'loose'. I don't know how to explain it, but it doesn't look as tight as it should be.

Any suggestions on the problem? Should I take it to a garage?

I have no idea what's wrong, but basically my Bike won't move at all. The chain just spins over and over.

Also, the chain seems 'loose'. I don't know how to explain it, but it doesn't look as tight as it should be.

Check your rear sprocket. Sounds like you either stripped all the teeth off it, or destroyed the cush in some way allowing it to spin freely.