some info please,full car driving licence and cbt

Guest blue redtop

hi all,just wondering if i can ride a 125 cc motor bike.

im 29 and passed my cbt when i was 16 i also have a full driving licence.

on my car driving licence it states my cbt dosent run out till i am 70 years old ???.

if i can ride one will i need to have l plates. im going to take my full motor bike licence in a couple of months but in the mean time would like a bike to go to work and back on.

thanks

hi all,just wondering if i can ride a 125 cc motor bike.

im 29 and passed my cbt when i was 16 i also have a full driving licence.

on my car driving licence it states my cbt dosent run out till i am 70 years old ???.

if i can ride one will i need to have l plates. im going to take my full motor bike licence in a couple of months but in the mean time would like a bike to go to work and back on.

thanks

CBT certificate lasts for 2 years. You need a valid current CBT certificate to ride a motorcycle on the road, unless you hold a full licence. Since you have neither, you can't ride on the road.

You also need a valid current CBT certificate to present to the examiner to take your test.

You will need to display L plates unless and until you hold a full Cat A (motorcycle) licence.

So your ONLY option is to get a valid current CBT certificate. Enjoy your training :D

Full car licences issued before 1st Feb 2001 automatically gave you a full moped licence. You could ride without L plates, even endanger a passenger all without taking any training but we recommend you do. Training is essential

is this just for a 50cc ?

http://www.motorcycle.co.uk/Articles/Tr ... ories.aspx

cheers

No, it's just for a moped, as in "full moped licence".

A full car licence gives you provisional motorcycle entitlement although you must check that this is visible on your licence. You need to ensure that it shows Category A provisional motorcycle entitlement on your licence.

http://www.geton.co.uk/content/taking-your-test

i have cat a1 on my licence so can i ride a 125 on the road with out l plates?

thanks

Did you take and pass a cat A1 test? Is the A1 shown on the photocard or the paper counterpart?