CG125 crank oil seal

Lumor_uk

Is it possible to put it on the wrong way? Does the spring side face inward or outward? also is it possible for the actual crank metal to become so worn that it is no longer able to hold a seal with the rubber?

26,000+km on the clock.

The crank shaft seal is in the stator which comes away from the engine. There is also an o ring which i have replaced too but its still leaking.

I read some where that the bearing seal maybe leaking allowing too much pressure through.

The crank shaft seal is in the stator which comes away from the engine. There is also an o ring which i have replaced too but its still leaking.

I read some where that the bearing seal maybe leaking allowing too much pressure through.

there is normally a seal behind the stator that is in the crankcase itself and is normally fitted from inside the casing so that it seals correctly there could also be to much movement in the crank allowing it to move round in the csing and thats the reason for it not sealing

Looking at the hayne's manual

"Failure of the main bearings is usually evident in the form of

an audible rumble from the bottom end of the engine,

accompanied by vibration. The vibration will be most noticeable

through the footrests."

I'm guessing this is probably related? The main bearings failing would allow the crank free play to more than specified

"A certain amount of side play is intentional, and should be

between 0-05 - 0-30 mm (0-002 - 0012 in) on a new crankshaft.

The maximum allowable side play is 0-80 mm (0032 in)

and can be checked with a feeler gauge between the flywheel

face and the edge of the connecting rod."

My right foot can hurt so much lately that I have to take it off the foot rest, thought it was to do with me tightening the chain or just a coincidence?