Mod 1 tomorrow, lifesavers help

Got my mod 1 tomorrow, my question is that my instuctor said that I only need to check over my right shoulder when moving/turning but all the youtube videos I've seen shows the rider checking both shoulders. I have complete faith in my instructor but just getting a little nervous I guess and thought I would question this.

Got my mod 1 tomorrow, my question is that my instuctor said that I only need to check over my right shoulder when moving/turning but all the youtube videos I've seen shows the rider checking both shoulders. I have complete faith in my instructor but just getting a little nervous I guess and thought I would question this.

Depends where you are and which way you are turning of course....

When on the Mod 1 course you are not in a lane your in a car park so its all imaginary and one could argue a cyclist could be coming up from your left if you are turning left or a car could be overtaking you as you are about to do the Uturn So what I did is shoulder check Both sides before moving off and only Right hand on the Uturn.

Imagine you will less likely get minors for doing both sides than only one if you get an arsey Examiner ?

Ps - Don't forget to have a final last minute look over your right shoulder just before you start to turn when doing the u-turn. Some folk have failed on that.

All the best!!!

I did question this with my instructor and he said it's just like setting off from the side off the road and you only need to check right. Not sure if my instructor will be watching my test, don't want him thinking I have no faith in his word by checking over each shoulder. The instructor must of given the same advice to lots of students that have passed the mod 1, he does work for a highly recommended school.

When you pull away from a stationary position, you always look over your right shoulder. So I'm sure the instructor is right. I just did both because I was really worried about failing. There was lots of things my instructor told me to do which didn't make sense to me but he was spot on throughout, as he got me through both tests. Have faith in your instructor, if in doubt or worried just do both!!!

Your instructor will most likely be watching behind the fence or havin a chat with the other test folk!