A 125 Auto to a 125 Manual

Guest ScrewBall

Hey guys just decided to sign up for this question I need a bit of help with.

Past my CBT on a 125Automatic Suzuki Burgman, and a year later the burgman

decided to go all nuts on me, took it to several shops and pretty much the bike

is falling to pieces, so I took it back to the shop I orginally bought it from and

after several chats we decided to either trade it in or take money.

And after we traded it in I got my self a CBR125 manual, got it home took me about

4-5 days to get used to the gears, and 1-3 days of normal road/dual carriage way use

I think I've gotten used to my new bike, I've had several auto's before so I know how to

lean, uturns and all of the other manuevers, it was just gears I needed to learn so I thought

because I still have my cbt running I can still use it for the bike I have now.

So the question is this:- Can a CBT run with a manual now even though I past with a auto...Do I have to retake with my new bike? Does it make my insurance/tax invalid?

P.s yes the CBT cert has been ticked on Provisional/Moped and not Provisional/Motorcycle

Hey guys just decided to sign up for this question I need a bit of help with.

Past my CBT on a 125Automatic Suzuki Burgman, and a year later the burgman

decided to go all nuts on me, took it to several shops and pretty much the bike

is falling to pieces, so I took it back to the shop I orginally bought it from and

after several chats we decided to either trade it in or take money.

And after we traded it in I got my self a CBR125 manual, got it home took me about

4-5 days to get used to the gears, and 1-3 days of normal road/dual carriage way use

I think I've gotten used to my new bike, I've had several auto's before so I know how to

lean, uturns and all of the other manuevers, it was just gears I needed to learn so I thought

because I still have my cbt running I can still use it for the bike I have now.

So the question is this:- Can a CBT run with a manual now even though I past with a auto...Do I have to retake with my new bike? Does it make my insurance/tax invalid?

P.s yes the CBT cert has been ticked on Provisional/Moped and not Provisional/Motorcycle

Then you would have to DO a cbt to get it ticked on Motorcycle I would say as CBR is clearly a motorcycle and not a moped :)

Bah was hopeing all would be fine, oh well time to save up a hundred quid :S

Cheers boss :cheers:

Update Apparently If you Do the cbt on a something and then want to ride a something else

i.e do it on a auto you can still ride a manual 125 even though you didnt Do a cbt on it

so Seems I got this wrong :shock:

The CBT seems to go against any logic or sence so you should be Fine on a manual 125 and save some money

Info got from phoning a CBT trainer but check yourself to make sure :lol:

Oh you actually rang up a CBT trainer for my question, i'm speachless, tyvm :D

Well this is very good news my friend, I might just stay here now and pester you guys some more >:D

Oh yea

<--- Ina very good mood now heheh, but just to make sure uma ring up a few around mine, just to make sure one place I like doesnt want to make extra money from me :P

Oh you actually rang up a CBT trainer for my question, i'm speachless, tyvm :D

Well this is very good news my friend, I might just stay here now and pester you guys some more >:D

Oh yea

<--- Ina very good mood now heheh, but just to make sure uma ring up a few around mine, just to make sure one place I like doesnt want to make extra money from me :P

If I am confused as I was then feel I must check out any Info I post So it is not a problem,The reason I got Confused is because the bloomin certificate has clearly defined tick boxes for Moped or Motorcycle in the machiine used heading :roll: but as we know the DSA are not here to confuse us :cheers: