bike wont start, just turning over

DeeJ

Bike was starting up fine yesterday, but now won't start since I put fresh fuel in. Only thing I can think of is I turned the fuel tap off last night and its been on reserve for the last 6 months because it sitting in a garage. It is sparking as I found out the hard way. So other than no fuel getting through can there be another problem

have you had the tank off? checked the vaccum pipe is still connected and both the fuel tap and engine ?tried turning fuel tap in all positions ? one way to check if fuel getting through is remove fuel pipe from tap and slide another bit on and place open end into a jar (saves any stray sparks causing probelms) as you turn engine over on start button see if any fuel comes out should have 3 positions on tap......on.......reserve......and prime if vaccum tap

putting it on prime allows free flow of fuel without needing the vacuum from engine so yes it might be flooded will be worth pulling a spark plug out of the engine to check how wet it is clean them up replace them put tap into on position and retry starting

Try fresh plugs. Modern plugs dont have glazed insulators, and leaving the tap on prime will have allowed a free flow of fuel through carbs into the engine. The fuel gets into the insulator which then doesnt insulat!!! Can be worse when left on side stand. I had a Z1000 that had this problem.