module one

right, passed my theory yesterday and spent the rest of the day looking for a place local to do my mod 1, but most of them are either doing a 3 day course thing for £650, or i have to pay £70+ cause i have to do a lesson with the module.

would it be worth just going for one of these, or keep looking, i haven't done gears much before, but for the normal £15 a time, i could learn them, whilst learning the module

will be grateful for any input :)

Whereabouts are you mate? I paid £425 for a two day big bike DAS including test fees and lessons before the tests with Mercury in Bolton.

A lot of Mod 1 requires good clutch control, so if you haven't rode a geared bike much I'd suggest at least a lesson or two before attempting it.

im around 15 miles outside of birmingham, an i was thinking about doing the £70 one, but just wasn't sure, plus doubt asking one of the test places for there opinion, cause i bet they will all say there one is best

I guess it's down to how good a rider you are and how quickly you can get up to the level for Mod1. I had no experience other than a CBT, so that's why I went down the DAS route bfore Mod1.

I'm sure someone on here could recommend somewhere around Birmingham for you, or perhaps do a search on the forum. I did a search on here for Manchester area when I started learning and went with the recommendations I saw on here.