Riding advice...

BoB3rt

Hey,

Figured i would place this in the racing part as this is done alot more on the track and its where i am struggling.

I am wondering how exacly the technique for changing down a gear is done?

being on the track not so long ago i am trying to break knock down and rev the engine up as bringing the cluch out so there in time yet still needing to slow down.

now am no racer however watch racers they dont half rev there engine and appear not to be breaking, presumign they get there correct speed into the bend before changing down? or.... little confused?

however i am just a little worried about locking up the back which i have done a few times.... may look cool for the spectators angle as i can handle it and pull it into a corner 8-) but on the bike it is fricken scarey :shock: still i suppose i wouldnt be on the track if it wasnt for them moments :D

• 2 weeks later...

I personally use 2 fingers on the front brake which allows me to blip the throttle then downshift and bring the clutch out again whilst applying pressure to the front brake lever. A really good watch is twist of the wrist 2 if you haven't seen it already. Everything on how to ride on a track is explained in that 1 dvd and is a really good watch if your into bikes as well