weird noise YBR 125

mealexme

bikes done about 10,000 miles and its started ticking/clunking sort of noise that happens only when in gear. Only happened after i dropped it and the chain came off...

Help?

what condition are the chain and sprockets in as the rear one might be damaged check chain and both sprockets

Thanks eab.Not sure tbh, i havnt checked it but it doesnt make the noise if i pull the clutch in, or infact accelerate, its just when i am not on the throttle but still rolling, and the faster i am going the faster the noise. But isnt the rear one going round even if it is in neutral, so in effect should still e making a noise?

it could be the chain jumping teeth on the sprocket under acceleration but when just rolling it wont do it thats why you need to check both sprockets and check chain is adjusted right as it clearly wasnt if it jumped off

it could be the chain jumping teeth on the sprocket under acceleration but when just rolling it wont do it thats why you need to check both sprockets and check chain is adjusted right as it clearly wasnt if it jumped off

its definitely not adjusted right! Way too loose and cant be adjusted any more so i think i will get another set lol

then get it replaced as next time it jumps off it could lock the rear wheel up and spit you off it or bunch up around the front sprocket in which case it will break the engine cases and you will be looking at major alloy welding job or replacement engine

Just read your first post on this thread Alex. I reckon that if you drop a motorbike and the chain "came off" then you have a major problem with the chain and sprockets, bit of a clue there mate :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just read your first post on this thread Alex. I reckon that if you drop a motorbike and the chain "came off" then you have a major problem with the chain and sprockets, bit of a clue there mate :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yea lol. I already knew it was a bit loose... haha. Anyway I have changed them over and the noise has stopped :D THANK YOU GUYS!!!