GSXR 600 or ZX6-R?

toon83

<t>GSXR 600 or ZX6-R?</t>  

47 members have voted

1. 1. GSXR 600 or ZX6-R?

• GSXR 600
    • ZX6-R

Didnt you only just start riding a Yamaha YZF-R125? :lol:

I had about 12 bikes before my CBR600RR Hannspree and it was still too much for me to handle when I cranked open the throttle for the first time!

But out of the 2 a GSXR from the 2003-2006 era

Just bought my Ninja, and I can fault it in any way. my only experience with Suzuki is on a GSR and I found the finish was a bit poor, but I dont think you will have a problem with either. Green is the way forward though!

Had the same decision to make in April and went ninja. Bigger more powerful bike and i luuurrrrvvveee mine! Although not much in it performance wise. I wanted a slipper which both have. I am 6 foot 3" so wanted the bigger bike plus i prefer the styling of the ninja.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj149/stuno1/Ninja/IMG_0261.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj149/stuno1/Ninja/IMG_0262.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj149/stuno1/Ninja/IMG_0271.jpg

Stu

I had an original 636 ninja, which vintage are you thinking of?

Newish ones I would be happy with either tbh.

Whats the original Ninja?

It was the first time they used the 636 engine, think it was the a1-p model in 02.

I was in the same boat as you when I passed my test last year. My first choice was a GSXR, 2nd was a ZX6R. Mainly this was due to the Kwaker being dearer to insure by over £100 when I first did some quotes. I had no preference over the looks of them, and as I was only newly passed the test, either would have done performance wise at my stage of ability. Neither seemed any more or less comfortable to sit on than the other, so that was never an issue either.

In the end it came down to 1 thing. The week I wanted to buy the bike there were no affordable GSX's local to me where I'd looked, and there were 2 Kwakers. So I bought a 99 G2 ZX6R and I haven't regretted it. I also managed to get the insurance down quite a bit.

Having never rode a GSX I cannot comment on them, but the note the ZX6R makes once it gets above 9k revs is just great :D

So Kwaker gets my vote, but I think either would be a good choice.

Andy.

C1H 8-)

Get the gsxr if you want comfort, they are like a bloody arm chair! Always seem down on power (if only slightly) but always get really good reviews..... IIRC the equivalent ZX6 (if we are talking 05) seems to have a few more goodies e.g. slipper clutch.

I'd say, if you want raw power and a rather twitchy and exciteable bike, get the ninja.

Yes I faced a similar tough decision but mainly a cbr rr and a ninja late last year. :cheers:

first of all what year are you talking ?? what are you after out of a bike?

Get the gsxr if you want comfort, they are like a bloody arm chair! Always seem down on power

they may look down on power on paper because everyone looks at BHP the gsxr has a little more torque which is what you use when road riding also i doubt anyone on this forum will use all the power on their bike to full potential on the road so power v power on a sports 600 is irrelevent

My Honda CBR600RR was bought because I saw it described everywhere as being one of the most balanced bikes ever that could beat a Daytona 675 around any track by any rider who rode both by a second or more.

I then got onto it and rode away, and a few weeks later found some nice roads and put it through its paces. I could never hold the throttle open for more than a matter of moments. I just ran out of road...

It could corner very well but then again so could everyone on a GSXR... Or a ninja... Or a R6. Though the R6 is annoying on the straights due to its lack of torque, which is a difference that seems to set it slightly apart.

I sat on a GSXR and it was comfortable and thrilling, I sat on the ninja and it was not as comfortable but in bright orange it seemed more thrilling, the R6 seemed very well engineered and dangerous and the CBR6 was just like an uncomfortable Gixxer... Thats the sum total difference I could tell.

No one on here can accurately say which is better and for what reason as the end of the day... They are all the bloody same aside from a few tweaks here and there which give them a slightly different personality. Thats why they seem so different yet they are all near on identical and on a road none of them could escape the other if ridden by 2 near the same skill level riders.

So to the OP. Sit on both, decide which one you prefer to sit on and own. Then buy that one.

Simplez

first of all what year are you talking ?? what are you after out of a bike?

Get the gsxr if you want comfort, they are like a bloody arm chair! Always seem down on power

they may look down on power on paper because everyone looks at BHP the gsxr has a little more torque which is what you use when road riding also i doubt anyone on this forum will use all the power on their bike to full potential on the road so power v power on a sports 600 is irrelevent

True to be fair.

Didnt you only just start riding a Yamaha YZF-R125? :lol:

I had about 12 bikes before my CBR600RR Hannspree and it was still too much for me to handle when I cranked open the throttle for the first time!

But out of the 2 a GSXR from the 2003-2006 era

3 weeks ago but i have the cash so im gonna buy a big bike for when i pass my test :booty:

I find my 06 ninja comfy and not twitchy. All the reviews are bob on. Good track and road bike.

Sit on both and see which you prefer.

Stu

sat on them both last week and they both feel pretty nice