CBF125 Handlebars

Guest chaylins

Hello! :)

I've got a CBF125, and have had so for almost 2 years now and was just in the process of getting the license test out of the way befoe my CBT expired, alas someone kindly tried to snap the steering lock and instead just ended up bending the handlebars... :evil:

Have asked Honda for new ones but they said the factory that produces them got swept away by the Tsunami in Japan and will not be back in production until atleast October :cry:

So my question is - has anyone tried fitting non-honda handlebars onto a 125 (be it CBR or CBF)? If so, what kind of measurements do you need to take, places to buy the bars etc - complete noob so afraid you will need to be specific!

Thanks in advance!!

Hiya :D

Can't help with an answer to your question but why not introduce yourself in Newbies?

Also, if you put your location in your profile it helps other members when answering your question :)

Hi Colin!

Thanks for the reply! The links look great :D

I can probably find this on google but will just double check here in case, are handlebars universal? I.e. if I were to buy one with the correct width and centre spacing, is it certain that my controls will fit onto it once the holes are drilled in etc? Or are there aspects to take into consideration?

Thanks again !!

Hello! :)

Have asked Honda for new ones but they said the factory that produces them got swept away by the Tsunami in Japan and will not be back in production until atleast October :cry:

http://www.patternparts.net/p-Handlebars-38648.aspx

Mr Honda isn't the only person you can buy spares from

Thanks all for the replies!

In the end I ordered some Renthal bars that were the same specs - got it in the post today only to find that despite them being 7/8's, the thickness of the bar is different and so the end weights do not fit :evil:

So am a bit stuck now because if a site says theyre 7/8's - thats all well and dandy but if different bars have different thicknesses then the actual diameter differs!

Does anyone know a decent site that also quotes the diameter of the bar and the diameter of the tube space? Might have a go there and try my luck! As for these ones - guess its back in the post with them... :(

edit: Just read that because theyre aluminium 7/8's the wall is thicker compared to the steel bars!

Yeah Renthals are thicker than other bars, I found this myself. They fit in fine but normal bar ends don't without some trimming :) (and that won't work if they're all metal..)

I since replaced my Renthals with generic chromed steel bars.

Anyone know where a good online place is for steel handlebars?? They seem to be about as rare as anything!!

Found a few sites that claim they have "Chrome" bars but I am weary that the base metal is probably aluminium as well :S

Ideally need one thats about 29'' width and 4.5'' Rise - any suggestions would be much appreciated!! :)

As far as I'm aware aluminium cannot be chromed. It's anodised for the high shine finish. So chrome plated bars would appear to be steel. Is it not possible to ream out the bar ends or fit different bar ends. Nothing like doing a small job and ending up with a list. 8-)

TBH on a CBF 125 I'd fit the Renthals, ditch the bar ends and fit some closed end grips instead.

Failing that have you tried David Silver Spares as they tend to hold a lot more stock than regular dealers? They may have the original bars, bar ends and whatever else you need in stock.