Mod1 v Mod 2 difficulty

Guest redhand

In my opinion MOD 2 is easier as you just have to ride safely and thats it. MOD 1 is just completely pointless and stupid... (Why can't I put my foot down??? Thats why they're there for :evil: lol)

cool, nice stat tracker. Doing just under 8p per mile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I think that the Mod 1 is the hardest one. You are right under the eye of the examiner, and there is nowhere to disguise mistakes or slight losses of control. The cones don't lie, and the examiner will not fail to see any foot dabs. Mod 2 is much more lenient, and the examiner has more leeway to ignore/miss slight errors. Mod 2 is about roadsense and riding safely with correct obs and care for other road users. Mod 1 is under the microscope.

This is from someone who failed the mod 1 for a foot dab on the slalom, but passed on the re-test. Mod 2 was a really ragged ride with a stall, a bus lane entered (then safely exited) during bus time, wobbles and poor positioning on turns at lights etc. Passed with 6 minors at the first attempt.

i found mod 1 quite easy in all honesty. i have mod 2 booked for april and for some reason im really nervous. i think its because of the way i dropped the bike on the road on mod 1 training. im sure after my mod 2 training though it should be a breeze. (i hope)

Not done Mod 2 yet, but 95% of the training has been towards Mod 2 with two 10 minute practices at Mod 1. That seems odd to me as each test carries the same weight.

And many months on from that post, I past Mod 1 first time with no faults and failed Mod 2 first time before passing the second with a couple of minors. I would now rate both are has hard (or easy) as each other on the day.