Speed Limit

Bogof

<t>Are you an 85 or a 15?</t>  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an 85 or a 15?

• I'm an 85 everywhere
    • I'm usually an 85, but can be 15 at times
    • I'm a 15 and proud!

The world now uses less and less fuel every year ...

Reference pwease : )

http://www.indexmundi.com/energy.aspx?c ... onsumption

This shows the UK motor fuel going down per year

http://www.indexmundi.com/energy.aspx?r ... onsumption

This shows the European UK motor fuel going down per year for even longer

I havent got up to date stats for North America that cover the major crash in their economy, which made petrol prices rocket over their and we had a spell of cheap fuel while they were buggered. But if I see them and I know they had a record low that hasn't recovered seeing as poverty over there has worsened then I will add them :thumb:

Edit - It was also heard on BBC2 today, the UK looks set for its steepest drop yet due to the heightening prices all round for motoring.

The world now uses less and less fuel every year ...

Reference pwease : )

http://www.indexmundi.com/energy.aspx?c ... onsumption

This shows the UK motor fuel going down per year

http://www.indexmundi.com/energy.aspx?r ... onsumption

This shows the European UK motor fuel going down per year for even longer

I havent got up to date stats for North America that cover the major crash in their economy, which made petrol prices rocket over their and we had a spell of cheap fuel while they were buggered. But if I see them and I know they had a record low that hasn't recovered seeing as poverty over there has worsened then I will add them :thumb:

Edit - It was also heard on BBC2 today, the UK looks set for its steepest drop yet due to the heightening prices all round for motoring.

Oh.... petrol :D (should have been obvious really :roll: ) : )

Interesting stats thoug, thanks. Big spike in 2000 when everyone was feeling good.

I'm wondering what it's like in places like south asia where it's not taxed (and even subsidised sometimes). Those guys are moped crazy :D

The new push for fuel, after Fukishima, IMO is coal. Nice and dirty. I don't have a particularly strong opinion on anthropogenic global warming though because I don't know enough of the science.

Small point though... wasn't the ozone hole damaged by things like CFCs, rather than carbon dioxide? If it's on its way to being repaired (it needs to! that hole right over southern australia burned the crap out of me even in coolish overcast weather) then that might be a good advert for the power of changing our habbits :D

So that this isn't completely off topic, i was thinking about emissions when i was riding very fast the other day. I considered that cow's arses are supposed to be the biggest contributer to warming, so I'll ride fast and eat a salad for dinner.

Edited by Aaron

Small point though... wasn't the ozone hole damaged by things like CFCs, rather than carbon dioxide?

I thought it was cows farting that caused it :booty:

Small point though... wasn't the ozone hole damaged by things like CFCs, rather than carbon dioxide?

Oooh...spooky :D I edited my post to keep it on topic and whenb i got back you had beat me to it!

Oooh...spooky :D I edited my post to keep it on topic and whenb i got back you had beat me to it!

I'm allowed, I started the thread so it's impossible for me to be off-topic :shock:

I'm allowed, I started the thread so it's impossible for me to be off-topic :shock:

i sometimes struggle to understand people's meanings in plain text, but just incase it needs clarification: it was the cows farting bit that i edited :lol:

i sometimes struggle to understand people's meanings in plain text, but just incase it needs clarification: it was the cows farting bit that i edited :lol:

hang on, hang on... how did we get from speeding to cows farting again?

hang on, hang on... how did we get from speeding to cows farting again?

Easy. 50% of posts on here are full of bullshit :roll:

I speed all the time excluding when i am near schools or my satnav states there is a camera or hotspot zone coming up - driving obviously.

When i am on the bike, i ignore the speed limit all the time - On the open roads - edit::::: excluding built up area's and near kids etc et. On the open roads i just keep a serious beedy eye out for the boys n girls in blue.

BB

I speed all the time excluding when i am near schools or my satnav states there is a camera or hotspot zone coming up - driving obviously.

When i am on the bike, i ignore the speed limit all the time - On the open roads - edit::::: excluding built up area's and near kids etc et. On the open roads i just keep a serious beedy eye out for the boys n girls in blue.

BB

brave man admitting that on a public forum