Suzuki GS 125

Guest alexjg

I have just bought my first bike a Suzuki GS 125 from a mate. He has had it off the road for ages as he rides a bigger bike. I know it runs and is good working order but I can't get it started as it has been sat for over 2 months. I have added new fuel, spark plug and battery and also a new exhaust as the other had blown. Also the air filter is in good condition. Try quick start spray and a bump start and still no joy. If anyone has ay ideas of what may get it going please help?

Not sure if it helps but I know the new exhaust I fitted, I had trouble getting to one of the allen key bolts, so is no 100% tight and was wondering if an air leak or something there may not be helping??

Am a total beginner on the bike front.

Thanks in advance

Alex

when you turn the ignition on is the neutral light (green) showing bright on the clocks do the lights and horn work?is there an engine stop switch on right hand handlebar next to throttle and is it in the run position??

Hi

Yep, ignition light is on and the engine switch is on run and fuel tap is on. All lights and horn work etc.

Have checked there is a spark at the spark plug too. It sounds like it is trying to start.

Cheers for the reply

Yep, ignition light is on and the engine switch is on run and fuel tap is on. All lights and horn work etc.

Have checked there is a spark at the spark plug too. It sounds like it is trying to start.

Cheers for the reply

If it's been standing a long time, the petrol may hve gone "waxy" in the tank, and in the float bowl on the carb. This will need to be flushed out. Take the carb apart and clean it with carb cleaner. Empty the tank and flush that out too. Refill with fresh petrol and try starting it again.