Spada Boots failed but good service from dealer

Guest Legatron

I had to take my £70 Spada Compass boots back to Orwells in Ipswich today.

sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/76643

After 600 miles and no wet riding, the top of the boots appear to have delaminated with the "leather" surface coming away. Only 2 1/2 months old but took them back anyway. no quibble from Orwells who offered me a direct replacement or a discount on anothe repair.

so I upgraded to Alpinestars Alpha Touring WP £139 discounted to £125..so paid the difference.

Maybe i was unlucky with the Spadas, but i guess you get what you pay for.

TBH, i find much bike gear is like this (it doesn't last a reasonable length of time). You have to check out lots of reviews to buy something worth the money i find. £70, whilst quite low end, isn't exactly cheap imo. Glad you took it back and got it swopped, the more people that do this, the more the manufacturers will make efforts to make their gear last!

Think it must be down to all these "leisure riders", who only wear the gear a handful of times... :(

TBH, i find much bike gear is like this (it doesn't last a reasonable length of time). You have to check out lots of reviews to buy something worth the money i find. £70, whilst quite low end, isn't exactly cheap imo. Glad you took it back and got it swopped, the more people that do this, the more the manufacturers will make efforts to make their gear last!

i know what you mean.. but when you are new to this..you never really know where to start. no experience of your own to draw on.

i was actually expecting my Duchinni Race jacket to be the first casualty...but so far so good and im happy with it.. (hope i dont need ot test the armour/.abbrassion resistance)

http://images.esellerpro.com/2189/I/213/16/lrgscaleDuchinni-Race-Textile-Jacket-Gun-1.JPG

I like Orwell. I had to gently insist the other day that the sales guy went and got the machanic to look at the photo of my broken exhaust, rather than bringing it in for them to look at before they then placed an order for new parts, but when he realised that I'm not that local he was fine about it.