applying a decal... any tips

dfrbrowne

Hi,

I've been fixing up my bike after a fall and after putting on a new side panel I have now received the decal with no fixing instructions. It seems pretty straightforward, its an er6-n sticker for my kawasaki.

Any tips?

Thanks

Hi,

I've been fixing up my bike after a fall and after putting on a new side panel I have now received the decal with no fixing instructions. It seems pretty straightforward, its an er6-n sticker for my kawasaki.

Any tips?

Thanks

Clean the area thoroughly with water and a drop of washing up liquid. Don't let it dry. Place decal in required position (soapy water allows you to slide it around, and also prevents air bubbles).

Start squeezing the water out from under the decal with a Squeegee of some sort (a credit card will do). The adhesive is pressure sensitive so until you get the water out and apply pressure (squeegee) it won't stick.

Gradually get rid of all the water and job's done.

Hi,

Any tips?

Thanks

PM me your email and I will send you some fitting instructions

• 2 weeks later...

also.

the warmer the decals the better ther result. a warm decal will stretch and follow the contours of the fairing without leaving creases in it. i found a hair dryer helped when replacing the whole fairing decals on my rsv factory.

Hi,

Any tips?

Thanks

PM me your email and I will send you some fitting instructions

Why not post a guide for everyone!

also.

the warmer the decals the better ther result. a warm decal will stretch and follow the contours of the fairing without leaving creases in it. i found a hair dryer helped when replacing the whole fairing decals on my rsv factory.

:stupid:

The way i did it when placing a rather large decal over cracks on my old scooter was use a bit of white spirit to get rid of any grease/dirt and let it dry, then used a hair dryer to warm it up and let it stretch and stick better, and my finger to get rid of any bubbles. Not sure if this is the correct way to do it, but it is how my neighbour taught me how to do it and his motto is "if in doubt, hit it with a hammer"... So he may not be the best person to take advise from, although it seemed to work for me.