Varadero running problems

Theboyparker

I've got a Varadero 125 v1 and it's having a few problems....!

For some reason the front carb doesn't seem to to be running as good as the rear one. It seems lumpy and lacking power compared to the other.

We've cleaned both carbs and checked everything is working and connected (we've checked the Haynes manual to be sure) it all back up and it still sounds lumpy.

Any ideas? The previous owner used to stick redex in due to dirty fuel. Could it have become reliant on it?

Cheers

as you have checked the plugs have you got the mixture setting right on the front carb and when they were apart did you check that both carbs have the same size jets in also when its running spray some carb cleaner or wd40 around the inlet rubber area and see if the revs increase if they do then you need to check and possibly replace the inlet rubber as it will be drawing air in if the revs increase with the spray.

Cheers for the ideas :) been out on for a blast tonight, it's still a bit hesitant when pulling off sometimes but soon gets past it. Feels like a flat spot. Gonna hopefully do a compression test tomorrow and then might try n get the carbs balanced.

Feels great to actually be on the road :) just gotta sort out the niggles :)

The jets in the 2 carbs were not the same on my vara!

I can't remember which carb it was but one of them had a slightly smaller main jet than the other. If they are the same size there is your problem I would say.

I rejetted mine to get some more power out of it a long time ago and came across this fact.

The jets in the 2 carbs were not the same on my vara!

I can't remember which carb it was but one of them had a slightly smaller main jet than the other. If they are the same size there is your problem I would say.

I rejetted mine to get some more power out of it a long time ago and came across this fact.

That's an interesting thought. Ummmm they looked the same. I'll see what the Haynes manual says.

Thanks for that :)