Bridgwater to Brampton

bakes0310

Going to Brampton up in Northumberland for 5 days. Really looking forward to it, as its 362 miles away. I have never done that distance before, the furthest ive been is about 200 miles.

Ill be leaving sunday about 6:00am and its gonna take roughly 7 hours with the fuel stops and rests inbetween.

Ill be staying in a nice B&B which used to be a chapel (still got its stain glassed windows) it was on a tv program back in 2007 about being renovated into a B&B and has won a few awards. So basically its nice, ill be using it as a base point for all my rideouts around that area. I should imagine ill do a 1000 miles on the trip with the ride there and back equalling 724miles.

well im back after only staying 1 night instead of staying till friday :(

Basically sunday i got there, was a really good journey all 360 miles of it. I got at the B&B to find my phone broke. So my mum and grandparents were worried about me as they havent heard from me since i left.

The B&B was really nice and when it came into view the sun was out in full beam, making the chapel/B&B glow 8-) Anyway i decided to go out shortly after to find something for diner, leaving my phone there to dry off. Then it happened i came off the bike at a juction. I toppled to the floor with bike just on my foot, i managed to get it off. But couldnt lift it up until someone drove passed and he helped me, then left. Problem was i couldnt start the bike, so i tried to see if i could sort it but gave up :lol: I was in the middle of no where and had no phone.

I had to wait about 20 mins till i saw a car i flagged him down (read as hands flapping like a crazy person) and they let me use there phone to ring Green Flag. I waited an hour and a half then decided out of boredom try my bike again. It worked, i shall not reveal the problem as its really embarresing :oops: I waited 15 mins for the Green Flag man but he still didnt show. So i raced back to the nearest payphone to let Green Flag know that i didnt need them.

I made my way back to the B&B starving, luckily they made me a sandwich and homemade cookies, then off to bed.

Today i woke up at 7:30am and had a nice shower and a very big and delicious breakfast. Just chilled in my room to 10:00am, then thought i better pay them. Looked in my wallet and my debit card was gone, and i cant really remember the last time i saw it :roll:

So i phoned up my bank freezed my account and got another card on the way sometime next week. I had £80 in my wallet, i still had to pay for the B&B. He only wanted a fiver, as i paid for the deposit online ages ago so i was covered for the night :mrgreen:

So i made way home i left about 10:40am and got home at 6:00pm, i still enjoyed the journey ended up being about survivakl with only a limited amount of funds :lol:

It worked, i shall not reveal the problem as its really embarresing :oops:

So i made way home i left about 10:40am and got home at 6:00pm, i still enjoyed the journey ended up being about survivakl with only a limited amount of funds :lol:

So was it your kill switch? 8-)

Sounds like a bit of an adventure... glad you're still smiling about it :lol:

It worked, i shall not reveal the problem as its really embarresing :oops:

So was it your kill switch? 8-)

Sounds like a bit of an adventure... glad you're still smiling about it :lol:

It wasn't that is a bit more dumb than that :oops:

I always told myself that i would be gutted and heart broken if i damaged my bike. But i was not too bothered i just thought it can be fixed as if it never happened. The damage:

Clutch control has been moved slightly downwards, it aint bent or anything its just moved.

A small dent on the tank, luckily its right on the word honda so you cant see it so much.

Very minor scratches on the engine.