Feasibility of putting a Honda CG125 engine in an XR125L

Juggler

Hello again Lovely TMBF. It has been a while. I managed to let the engine run low on oil and blew it in a dramatic fashion whilst pinning it (to keep to 60mph) on A roads. Taken it all apart and have sadly come to the conclusion that it will be cheaper to do a straight engine swap. Thing is, I have yet to find a replacement for under £400. When the bike itself is only worth ~£650. My question is, could I stick a CG125 engine in? From what I can tell there only difference is slightly different gearing and the use of an OHC rather than OHV. Is there any reason it shouldn't fit/work. It is just I've seen several cg engines sold for under £200.

Love to hear your ideas on the subject, possible other engines to consider or am I better off going to a scrap merchant and cutting my loses?

My girlfriend yesterday bought herself a scooter yesterday and feel more than a little gutted I can not go on a ride with her.

main thing you need to check is engine mounting positions and the cg engine well the early ones used points ign not electronic so that might throw up a few problems you really ned to get hold of moutning position measurements for both engines there might be other forum members with a cg engine that can measure centres for you to compare to yours