Damaged Motorbike boots????

Guest Jon_R

Hi guys and girls.

newbie to this chatroom and to biking. i just bought a yamaha ybr125 5 weeks ago. completly in love with it but want a bigger bike now.

anyway to my query

i purchased a pair of boots from my local bike shop, i had them a week (my first week riding) and i noticed that the soles of the boots on the right foot is coming off. i took went straight to the shop from uni and showed them to the guy who works there. he remembered me buying them and said he would call in a couple of days when he got a new pair in. a week later i still had not heard from him so popped in after uni.

he then told me that the manufacturer wanted to make sure that there were no marks on them because it could be my fault??? i.e i had been in a crash (i have not)

this sounds like a load of toss to me, are these types of boots supposed to be pretty strong??? is this guy trying to fobb me off???

he wants to show them to the rep but iv worn them for a week and they are slightly scuffed (on both sides not just the gear changing side) then started questioning y they were scuffed on the right hand side (they are black and white)

i dont know what my rights are here. but im pretty pissed off and am going to take them in tomorrow. any and all advice would be appreciated,

they are Spada boots model ST1WB.

Jon

tell the store you got them from that the contract you have is with them and not the manufacturer (have you got a receipt btw?) and that they haven't been sold fit for purpose. try ringing spada directly and see what they say. if you've only had them a week then it sounds like pretty poor customer service to me. i would also imagine that someone working in a motorcycle shop would know what a pair of boots look like if they've been in an accident, sounds to me like they are trying to fob you off. i would expect them to question why they have fallen apart if they were 6 months old, but not a week!

Do NOT be fobbed off, stick to your guns and MAKE them change them. ST`s are not that cheap. By the way, I had exactly the same problem with my Spada ST1 boots only after about 3 months. The shop did exchange them but for a different style.