marco simoncelli RIP

toon83

hearing of his death was the saddest day in my motorsport memory.

the sport has lost of the reasons why it remains exciting to watch.

poor rossi. he and marco were good friends and to contribute to his death is gonna haunt him. regardless of any "he died doing what he loved" or "we all know the risks" cliches.

if rossi or edwards never took to the track again, i wouldnt blame them.

RIP marco. you will be missed by millions.

. I think he would of been fine if he didn't try to save it, keeping the wheels on the ground is what took him back across the track instead of sliding away to the gravel.

Looked that way to me too, a horrific crash!!

RIP

I think he would of been fine if he didn't try to save it, keeping the wheels on the ground is what took him back across the track instead of sliding away to the gravel.

Spot on. The bike was on its ear. No way would he have saved it. If only he had let it go, but that's fate. Ride In Peace fella

I think its fitting that he was fighting to save the bike at the time.

He was one of the most aggressive riders in motoGP and his super aggressive riding will be missed by a lot of fans.

I can't see Rossi or Edwards quitting. They all know the risks, and they all accept them and continue racing. The tracks are very safe now, and as with Tomizawa last year, it's the bikes that are the danger. Neither Edwards, nor Rossi could do anything, and if you watch the accident, you can see them trying to avoid Marco. The riders are super human in their ability, but sometimes accidents happen.

R.I.P. Super Sic

p.s. Went for a massive ride to clear my head afterwards. Massive shock.

p.p.s. Last year I was supporting Tomizawa #48 as he wore Berik leathers and Shoei helmets same as I was riding in...

I have watched the replay over and over again to work out what happened. I think he was unconscious before he got struck by Colin and Rossi. It just doesn't look right the way he veered across in front of them, he was motionless, lifeless almost and I mentioned this to a work mate who agreed. He said exactly the same as I was thinking. Possible heart attack on the bike as he went into the corner. Hopefully he was out for the count before he got struck. Anyhow, a great loss as mentioned by lots of you before, he was mad but definitely a future champion. RIP MS.