flickering brake light when front brake applied.

XmisterIS

Indicators are fine, rear brake makes the brake light come on fine, headlamp is fine on main and dipped beam.

But the front brake does something strange ... when I just move the lever to the "click" point, the brake light comes on. But when I move it further, it flickers and sometimes goes off completely.

I have just fitted new brake lines, I don't think that would have anything to do with it though.

Any ideas?

or dirty connector

Or dodgy connection somewhere else. My rear light failed its MOT for flickering, but it only happened if the connection was picked up by the machanic, although it could only be stretched that far if the panel was taken off. Put the panel back on and problem solved, but noooo, he had to replace it to pass the MOT. Robbing bar stewards! /rant

Shouldnt be anything to do with the actual fuel lines though

Turns out it is the connector or switch itself - I did try adjusting it first time, done it again and found that if I press on it in a certain position, it works, but only just. I'll have to take that to bits now, find out if it's the connector or switch. No biggie though.

The connector is tucked under the master cylinder, nowhere near the banjo bolt! So I won't have knocked it when fitting the lines. Only thing that I can think of is that when you fill the brake lines, you're taking the brake lever all the way back to the handlebars when the bleed nipple is open, and you're doing that a lot, so that could have knackered the switch itself.

In the meantime, I think if I put a rubber band in there to hold it in position, there's no problem.