BMF Show 18th - 20th May 2012

Bonniebird

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i should be there in car weather don't look to bad now but buying a few things so need transport to take them home. i'll meet up at 12:00 unless your there earlier just give us a shout and tell me where you are :D

We're heading there tomorrow afternoon with the tent - just loaded the car with camping stuff - we have to take my wayward 14yo son with us so need the bigger tent.

Hopefully set up and then go back home and pick up Bonnie for the weekend as we are only down the road. Sounds like most people are going on Sunday so we'll be at the entrance then. I'll have to go home again for the car later on the Sunday though but it means I'll have a car there if anyone has any loot they want transporting.

May well be a change of plan for me peeps.

Weather for saturday = 17deg and dry. Weather for sunday = 11deg and rain. I get wet enough during the week without making a habit of it at the weekends when I don`t have to.

Think I`ll be going tomorrow early. Get there about 9.00am and stop till about 12.00noon.

Enjoy it if I dont manage to meet up.

PS Mandy/Bob, if I do see any bargains too big to get on the bike, can I give you a call ????

Latest forecast looks like we may avoid the rain (here's hoping) but better Sat than Sun.

We'll probably be up and about fairly early on Saturday Neil and, no problem, we can bring stuff back for you.

Anyone go today? I went with a mate, was alright, shame about the weather, was ok once there, but on way cold and drizzle most the way. Have to admit a on quite a few stalls stuff was pretty shoddy and not many good deals, but if going tomorrow look out for a big tent, think had warehouse clearance on the side, has lots of oxford stuff in it, and good deals on helmets, got a new carberg for half price would of cost me online or in store.

been there all weekend, weather held pretty well, and it was a great weekend all round,met old friends, made new ones, did a bit of shopping, bit of drinking, lots of laughing, and even went on the scary fair ride .

got myself some panniers among other things, so all set for even more weekends away, but kicking myself over not buying the matching tailpack now ive seen what they normally sell for ...bummer

well i got myself helmet and boots which was the plan and also some gloves and an EDZ top.

didn't go to entrance at 12 as didn't realise the time, left early as i wanted to watch GP and had work at night

We went to the entrance at 12:00....but no one showed up. Ran into LittleCat.....in fact I think BonnieBird ran into LittleCat a couple of times.

I got some (hopefully) waterproof trousers from the Hein Gericke marquee. Weather was a bit sh*t....but the Blues and Real Ale bar was good......Saturday night was actually really good.

Group of guys from a Chinese Cruiser forum were camped across from us....so we had a bit of a chat with them. One of the Mods actually rode his 125cc cruiser from Wales to the show....and as he was on L-plates it took him 8 hours (avoiding motorways).... :shock: :shock:

So we had a fairly good time (even though I had a nice head cold develop while there)....... :)

Went on Saturday morning in the end as I knew I had a BIG party on the Saturday afternoon. To be perfectly honest, it was crap. Never worth the £19 entrance fee, and unless I`m meeting up with anyone, will seriously consider giving it a miss next year.

Went on Saturday morning in the end as I knew I had a BIG party on the Saturday afternoon. To be perfectly honest, it was crap. Never worth the £19 entrance fee, and unless I`m meeting up with anyone, will seriously consider giving it a miss next year.

Gotta agree with this, apart from the lid I got, I was fairly disappointed with it, doesn't match entrance fee, there were at least 5 or 6 tents selling same crap at not very good prices. If was camping guess it be better atmosphere and more of a chance to meet people. Unfortunately was not able to do that this year.

definitely worth the weekend ticket at 35 including camping, the atmosphere was great, other campers friendly and the entertainment wasnt bad, plus 2 pubs in stumbling distance, and plenty of security prowling to watch over the bikes .

Deffo with you on that Cat......it was more the whole weekend experience rather than just some savings on kit. If anything the savings were the icing on the cake..... 8-)

BonnieBird got some leather/textile trousers for £30 and a new lid, which when we pointed out a tiny mark on it the guy knocked another £20 off....so a new Bell M1 lid for £120 which I think was pretty good..... 8-)

From what you said last night Bob the overall weekend sounded like a good laugh, and with the entertainment, pubs etc thrown in..not too bad value.

For a bike show though, like I said, I was dissapointed. No new loverly shiny bikes to ogle over (and no Bennetts babes either come to that) If you don`t need kit, as a bike show, its crap.

i with you neil, i done alright cause i needed/wanted some kit. a lot of the stuff on sale was cheap crap, there were some good bargains but only if you wanted these items. i'll only be going next one or next year if i need anything as the entry fee is too much if your just going for the day to look around and enjoy the sights :lol: