CBT and Theory DONE! Now what?????

So, CBT and Theory are now completed. I want to go on to do my Mod 1. What is the best way to do this?

The test centre I spoke to have told me to come back and do another days practice starting on the 125 to get the drills required for MOD1 on a 125 then the same on a 500. Does this sound right? It will be £140 for the day (9-4)

When should i be looking to book my Mod 1 for? How many hours training is needed for this?

Regards

After my CBT and theory i had a 2 hour lesson out on a 500 with a different school (the CBT bloke was a tool!) 10 mins in a massive car park to get a fell for a bigger bike then out on the roads for the rest , after that a i was told to put in for my mod 1 and have a 1 hour lesson on mod 1 preparation , which i done ,on the day of my mod 1 i just had a ride down the test centre with my instructor done my mod 1 which i passed :), booked my mod 2,i had to wait a month for that :tumble:

then had two more lessons one on tue then weds then my mod2 on a thursday ,i dont think i could of done it with much less bike time than that, but certainly dont think i needed any more either!

So in total, after your CBT you had 5 hours of lessons and you passed your MOD 2?

Is this enough? The guy at the driving school wants me to do a full day on saturday (7 hours) then another 2 days of that. So will be looking at 21 hours of training. (140 per day so £420) plus test fees (£90) so total is looking around the £510!

This sound right?

So in total, after your CBT you had 5 hours of lessons and you passed your MOD 2?

Is this enough? The guy at the driving school wants me to do a full day on saturday (7 hours) then another 2 days of that. So will be looking at 21 hours of training. (140 per day so £420) plus test fees (£90) so total is looking around the £510!

This sound right?

no mate my lessons building up to my mod 2 were 2 hour lessons so i had 7 hours in total, i have been driving a car for 15 + years so i had a lot of road / traffic awareness anyway.

it didnt cost me much less than what you have been quoted because bike hire for my mod1 and mod2 alone came to 120 quid!

EDIT £120 in bike hire for tests £200 in lesson £90 in test fees

total £410 yeah that is a fair bit cheaper than what you have been quoted but, but its all on how you take to biking , i picked it up quiet quickly!, the real learning is once you get out on the roads on your own i am a new rider so its all still very new to me

Edited by stewslash

Ahh I see. Been on the road with the car for 5 years myself. Just checking i wasnt being screwed over :D

to be honest mate that doesnt sound a million miles away from the norm for gaining your licence good luck pal!

This sound right?

Don't forget, people have different abilities, some will take to it like a duck to water, some will need extra time. 21 hours of training is a lot just to pass Mod 1 but is that training getting you halfway ready for Mod 2 as well?

Total training time for me not including CBT was about 17 hours to pass both (some of that was spent drinking tea and having a fag mind) but I had ridden a 125 when I was younger, had ridden the odd moped since if the commute was not too far and have had a car licence for about 20 years.

£140 for a full days Motorbike training on their bike is good as well, I was paying more than that.

Personally I think you have mixed it up a bit, as you say test fees of £90, and that would be enough to pay for both tests, not just Mod1 which is £15. I paid more than £510 all in for mine, even doing less hours so that sounds pretty good?

Sorry mate, havent been clear enough lol

21 hours would be for Mod1 and Mod2 Passed

£90 Is for Mode 1 + Mod 2 (£15 for mod 1, £75 for mod 2)

Okay, as long as it sounds good, then im happy :D

Sorry mate, havent been clear enough lol

21 hours would be for Mod1 and Mod2 Passed

£90 Is for Mode 1 + Mod 2 (£15 for mod 1, £75 for mod 2)

Okay, as long as it sounds good, then im happy :D

Personally I don't think that is ripping you off :) I paid more than that but some of that is down to the fact the Mod 1 test centre was so far away I basically had to pay for an entire day just to get there, do the test and get back! They did Mod 2 training on the way there and back mind.

Excellent. Big thanks for the help. Got the bike ready to go at home, killing me not being able to ride it :(

No problems mate. All I did in preparation for the theory was to spend about 60 minutes per day practising the test questions with the DSA Theory training dvd. Just the hazard perception that could be the sticking point. I feel that the Hazard is a bit of a waste of time really.

I've just done my CBT today, my theory booked next week. My instructor today told me to get as much experience as possible on my 125 untill my mod 1 training and test booked for end of next month, training is 2 full days.

I've never sat on a bike before and in all honesty I would rather extra lessons and gain experience on the road with an instructor making sure I am safe, road craft isn't a problem I've been driving for 20 yrs. my hubbie didn't have many lessons at all but then he has been driving cars and motor bikes on private land since he was 12.

So I am expecting to have more lessons than he had.

Claire