any iPhone users using bluetooth kits?

Hi

Anyone just use their iPhone (or other mobile device i suppose) with bluetooth?? Id like basic helmet speakers/mic purely for music/satnav/phonecalls rather than a full on comms package. suppose it doesnt even have to be bluetooth but ive not seen any wired helmet kits.... do i need to look harder? anyone else do something like this?

cheers

For music / sat nav a pair of basic in ear headphones will do perfectly - I use some free Sony Ericsson ones that I got with a phone years ago! - just stick the device in a pocket somewhere, and run the cable up the inside of your jacket and into your helmet. Perfect...

...making calls though is a whole different ballgame. The best way is undoubtably bluetooth. However you're going to need a kit that is A2DP (definition here), not just any old bluetooth. iPhones can be picky with the bluetooth devices they connect with, but if it's A2DP, you should be OK.

With a decent bluetooth headset you should be able to do all the things you've mentioned. They're not cheap though - at over £200 the headset that fits my helmet is more expensive than the helmet itself. Very tidy though. Here it is in action:

">

I pair my iPhone to this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Ericsson-MW600-MW-600-Bluetooth-Hi-Fi-Wireless-FM-Radio-Headset-Black-/271022804828?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item3f1a37cf5c

It works but if there is no sound coming from the iphone then the headphones seem to go into a power saving mode and then when the satnav directions start you miss the first 1 or 2 seconds of it while it wakes up (not sure if this is a problem with the headphones or bluetooth), when i need satnav i put music on as well so the headset is always on so that sorts it for me.

Oh and when i mess about trying to call someone using the headset it all just stops working now (the headset is almost a year old) and i need to switch it off and on again to fix it, but this has only happened at home when im messing about with it. When I answer calls on the bike (hardly ever) it all works fine. Hope this helps