Panniers/Side Boxes

Was thinking about getting some panniers or side boxes for my YBR. I already have a top box though can probably do with a bit more luggage space, since it's wet weather season now I'd like to keep my wet gear with me at all times just in case it rains. Cannot really fit them all into the top box because I'd overload it, as it happens all the time.

Was looking at some Givi E21's kinda look cool, but could be a bit too small. Would probably need something that can hold at least 25+ litre, because I have other things than wet gear to be carrying around with me.

Don't really need anything too big but would prefer to get something of a decent size, was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

I know you are wanting to keep other things than wet weather kit. But just on the point of wet weather kit. You can buy all-in-one overalls for biking they roll up very small (can fit into large pocket) and ideal to slip over your leathers or regular kit. Personally I do not like top boxes as if care is not taken with what goes in them they can be heavy and make bike unstable especially on small bike. I either use leather panniers or if I am going away some large textile waterproof ones. I like to keep the weight on my bike low down.

Not sure if you have a metal tank but tank bags with magnets are good and can double up as rucksack when you get off bike.

Not sure if you have a metal tank but tank bags with magnets are good and can double up as rucksack when you get off bike.

Just use an underlay, my current tankbag has scratched the paint on my tank.

If you're feeling a bit more flush check out the bagster universal strap on system and pick up a cheap tank bag from ebay. Alternatively Hein Gericke are doing the x30 strap on bag for £62 after discount in their closing down sale.

Yeah. The top box can also produce some drag and really pull down the bike, I have a bag somewhere around the house which I can use to stick my waterproofs in.

Was looking at some good leather panniers at the new M&P in Swansea, some good ones there for about £40-£50 so I'll probably get them when I can.

As for a tank bag I did see one cheap somewhere but cannot remember where I'd seen it, there was a guy I know as well who were selling some pretty good ones for less than £50 though he's sold out.

Will check on Ebay and Amazon later :)

I've got these as side panniers Soft Panniers and they come complete with waterproof covers. BUT, I have found out that if it's really wet the water gets into the waterproof covers and collects at the bottom meaning you have a rather wet and dirty base to the luggage. I have since taken to using waterproof rucksack liners and putting all my gear into that, then put it into the pannier. Meaning my stuff does stay dry!