Looking for recommended DAS trainers in West Midlands

Hi, I don't come here all that often but maybe i will once this is all underway.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Direct Access trainers around my area. I live near Uttoxeter (pretty much half way between Stoke-on-Trent and Derby), with Stoke being my nearest city. Got my theory booked for a couple of week's time, but then i need a trainer to do all of the practical stuff with.

I've found a few near-by, but wanted some un-bias opinions on people they used if anyone happens to have done their courses near me.

Thanks in advanced. I guess while we're on it, any tips for someone who's barely even touched a bike before in his life before doing the Direct Access?

I passed my mod 2 Tuesday, but did it in Swindon.

If I had to say anything it would be relax and enjoy it, it's not hard to pass but now I have my license I have to learn to ride a motorbike!!

Riding at speed is easy, slow manovering however is a challenge. I can do it but don't feel like its a natural action yet, apparantly every new rider is in the same boat.

Swindon is a little far for me, but thanks for the tips.

I was thinking of using these guys (Complete Bike Training) in stoke, but £170 / 6 hour day seems pretty steep. That means if it takes 4 days plus the CBT it's going to be £800.

£800 is a lot of dosh....but consider it an investment towards your future fun...... :wink:

I think a lot of guys on here have done their DAS and the cost seems to range from £600ish to £800ish....but if you search some of the threads you'll find exact numbers. And just under £30 an hour for instruction and use of their bike I don't think is too bad IMHO..... :)

£800 is a lot of dosh....but consider it an investment towards your future fun...... :wink:

I think a lot of guys on here have done their DAS and the cost seems to range from £600ish to £800ish....but if you search some of the threads you'll find exact numbers. And just under £30 an hour for instruction and use of their bike I don't think is too bad IMHO..... :)

I guess when you break it down like that it doesn't seem too bad, no.

After looking at a couple of other schools in my area that seems to be about the going rate anyway, going to have to just go for it i reckon.

Good luck with it then mate......I'm sure you won't regret it once you get your test passed and start looking for "that" bike..... :wink:

Thanks. I passed my theory test and started my CBT (stopped due to pretty heavy rain) this weekend and loved it, so i don't think i'll regret it either. Didn't have any problems with my instructors either.

I'm not sure, but I think our member Rushwind lives near to Uttoxeter.

Try dropping him a PM - he might be able to help. :)

Thanks, i might well do that, although my instructors seemed nice and like they knew what they were doing on the CBT yesterday, so will probably stay with these i reckon, unless they can't get me in of course.