Backpack/rucksack while biking?

Hello all how are backpacks for people while riding?

Looking at currently getting a 50L backpack for now and again shopping and taking my food to work daily, do people tend to have problems with using one?

currently looking at these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50L-10L-CAMOU ... 4abdae45bf

I use a backpack daily on my commute. you get used to it and forget it's there eventually. Then you go out without it and (if you pardon the pun) it's a load off your shoulders!

in short - go for it!

I always wear mine, never had a problem :) If your doing really long distances with a heavy rucksack it might me worth getting one with the straps that go across your front for extra support. :cheers:

I have ridden with one in the past and they can be a pain if they are full and heavy!

I dont do anything to warrant a back pack on the bike I have a car for the shit :lol:

I do have some soft sports panniers though and have had them for about 6 years and in two weeks it will be the second time I will have used them :lol: although last time I used them I couldn't even tell they where on the bike but lets see what they are like this time round on teh german roads with no limits 8-)

I have a kreiga R25 rucksack. It's great fits loads of stuff in and really I do mean loads. Even when full to bursting point I forget its there when on the bike. Specifically designed for wearing on bikes not a cheap option but well worth the money. Excellent quality product.

Been using a 15L one for work for now, didn't seem to effect me whatsoever, in fact when into town for a dinner run to bring food back for the work force and didn't realize i forgot the damn thing!

50L one came yesterday so i will try that out either this weekend or when the bike gets fixed.

• 5 weeks later...
for taking my food to work daily, do people tend to have problems with using one?

Depends what food! Don't try stuffing a 12inch pizza in there, all the topping will slide off to the bottom of the bag... Messy...

for taking my food to work daily, do people tend to have problems with using one?

Depends what food! Don't try stuffing a 12inch pizza in there, all the topping will slide off to the bottom of the bag... Messy...

You can do that easy. It's even better when you find bits of cheese a few weeks later.

Anything with a chest/belly strap thingy, it just moves the weight distribution and you can't even tell its there. Kreiga are supposed to be second to none for quality but quite pricey. I bought a Richa about a year ago and I use it everyday. It still looks new and doesn't leak :D