license query

Guest jonnyfoxxy

good morning, can anyone answer my query? i want to start riding, im 33 and bought 125 to practice on, my paper part of my car license has got A, BE, GH and 3 points on it which are just over 5 years old and when i got my card license a couple of years ago it does not have cetegory A on the reverse it came with B, B1 and fklnp. Does this mean i have to apply for a provisional motorbike license before i do anything else and what should be the next steps up to going for my cbt

good morning, can anyone answer my query? i want to start riding, im 33 and bought 125 to practice on, my paper part of my car license has got A, BE, GH and 3 points on it which are just over 5 years old and when i got my card license a couple of years ago it does not have cetegory A on the reverse it came with B, B1 and fklnp. Does this mean i have to apply for a provisional motorbike license before i do anything else and what should be the next steps up to going for my cbt

The paper counterpart shows your provisional entitlement(s), so as A is listed you have a current provisional licence for Group A.

This however needs to be validated by attending CBT and gaining a certificate (which remains current for 2 years or until you pass a full A test, whichever is sooner) and this should be produced along with your provisional Group A licence (both parts) when attending a test centre or when requested to do so by a policeman.

Pretty sure you dont need to apply for a provisional because you already have a car license. The entitlements on your counterpart are provisional and your photo card are what you are entitled to drive.

That's my understanding... Could be wrong but when I learnt to ride I never applied for a provisional because I already have a full UK car license.