Headsets.

Guest chloeninja

Helloo :wave: sorry if this is in the wrong place, newbie here :mrgreen:

Ok, so me and OH need some headsets of some sort, we don't have a stack of cash so reasonably priced would be good. I have been looking at these http://uk.cellphoneshop.net/motorcycle. ... tAod2mkAvg

but wondered if anyone had better recommendations for traffic noise reduction/best reception etc. We do have a pair of radios, but we're abit stupid and cant figure out which headphones/headsets would be able to plug into them, and there aren't really any bike shops around here to ask in.

ETA: or these :P http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorbike-Mot ... 1e6f946c73

I've got Scala rider q2 pro multi set. Can't fault them. Noise cancellation is great even at 60 with the visor up. My OH and I have only just purchased these and think they are grand!

Got mine from Burrows GPS

ETA: or these :P http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorbike-Mot ... 1e6f946c73

I have these. Not too bad, I find wind noise becomes an issue at 40mph but I put that down to my helmet as my mate doesn't have as much of a problem until we're doing motorway speeds. To be fair you're paying 60 quid for 2, I never expected something amazing. The fact its a speaker rather than an 'in ear' one means you dont get the sore ear syndrome. I also found it pretty easy to fit and lead the wires around my helmet behind the padding, just used some electrical tape to tidy up the 2 into 1 which hangs loose from the helmet otherwise it always get caught when you take the helmet off.

Note you'll probably need a 2.5mm phono extension lead (£1.80 or so off play.com) for them as the cables provided are just a tiny bit too short to keep the radio under the seat and the button on the handlebars (not a problem if you plan to keep it in your jacket)

I actually got a slightly different one for my Dad, I think it was amazon's one (just do a google shoppping serach ) and that came with two speakers per radio which is probably a bit easier to hear at speed (not had chance to try it yet though :( )