DM-looking Biker Boots?

Hello lovelies!

My old motorbike boots are literally falling apart (bought 2nd hand) and I bought some others for £30 at BMF but I've decided they look stupid cos of the sliders being a bit big.

I'm after some Doc Martens looking biker boots - or ones with laces that aren't the usual style but still waterproof. Not sure if anyone has spotted any that they can recommend please? My shoe size is 8/sometimes 9 (yep, clown feet!), and I would have bought these if they had them in my size:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/energymoto-Street-Cruiser-Motorcycle-Boots/dp/B007K4W1PG/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&qid=1375358302&sr=8-35&keywords=motorbike+boots

Would be gratedful if anyone's seen any to let me know where I can get hold of some...if they exist!

Cheers :cheers:

seeing how you have man size feet you should be able to find a pair of army boots easily enough to fit. you can even get gortex ones. these are known as pro boots and were issued to the British forces in the last 10 years or so.

failing that, any of the british boots will be water resistant enough general riding if they have been polished or dubbed.

army boots are very popular amongst the non conforming biker sector and although they wont stop your foot and ankle bones shattering upon impact, they will offer a lot of abrasion resistance and have a similar "look" to DMs.

seeing how you have man size feet you should be able to find a pair of army boots easily enough to fit. you can even get gortex ones. these are known as pro boots and were issued to the British forces in the last 10 years or so.

failing that, any of the british boots will be water resistant enough general riding if they have been polished or dubbed.

army boots are very popular amongst the non conforming biker sector and although they wont stop your foot and ankle bones shattering upon impact, they will offer a lot of abrasion resistance and have a similar "look" to DMs.

Cheers Martin, I was after biker boots cos I'd prefer them to be reinforced really, but will check out some army boots anyway, see what's about. Ideally I'd get some Alpinestars racing-looking ones but both times I've been to BMF now I've not fit into any cos my calves are too big! Either they asume bikers are all ppl with skinny legs or just mine are chubby - I dunno but it's bloody annoying!! I'd prefer something that looked a bit more alternative tho anyway :wink: . Just typed in motorbike boots laces and getting a whole lot more results - whether it's the same as typing in 'motorbike jackets' is another thing though (mostly biker-style jackets not meant for motorbiking!).

I'll let ya know how I get on, cheers. You back from your travels with Rach?? How was it?

Like everything alternative I've looked at - it says 'motorcycle boots' but then literally says nothing about being safe/reinforced etc. Woul be awesome to turn back time and get some New Rocks again tho! :mrgreen:

These are the closest to something a bit cooler I've seen, literally only for their buckles and the fact they aren't fugly or don't look like standard racing-type boots: http://shop.1stmx.co.uk/2013-thor-quadr ... 2540-p.asp and all those buckles must mean adjustable?!

Cheers Boothy, will have to try some on. Will have to look into a better biker gear shop than our local one.

Either way, I've recently realised I've got sod all money and using some of what I've saved for honeymoooon, so instear I've spent £5 on a bottle of superglue to re-fix my current boots haha!! :lol:

I should prob stop loking online anyway, think it's best to be able to try on boots really. Cheers for the help, but I'll stick to the superglue for the time being - no real need to look cool when I've still got L plates!